[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Visited Johns dad in Chapel of Rest - Carers UK Forum

Visited Johns dad in Chapel of Rest

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi All

Just have to share this with you. Went to see John's dad in chapel of rest today. He looked absolutely gorgeous (cetainly didn't look 99 1/2 yrs old) in his light blue coffin covered in daffodils. I have never seen a coffin like it. It is made of cardboard but is is beautiful. Funeral on Friday, not looking forward to that, too soon for me really but cant miss seeing Pop off he was such fun and all the grandchildren loved him.

Image Image Image xxx
Hello Nannypat,

That coffin sounds absolutely gorgeous. I have seen the wicker basket caskets which are used mostly for cremation services then reused over and over again so in effect they are just rented from the undertaker not purchased.

I hope things go well on Friday and you will find the strength to see pop on his final journey. John will be watching over you and waiting for Pop to join him.

If you let me know the time of the service I will light a candle for him just as I (and a few others I expect) did for John.

Take care
Meg
Will be thinking of you all

x x x
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, please take care xx
Take care NannyPat. Sending love xxxxxx
Sending lots of love, be thinking of you xx
Funeral at 2:15 Friday. I hope the sun is shinning like it is today. I think tomorrow will certainly be a celebration of his life as he nearly got to the 100. We were going to organise a party in March but its not to be now so we will certainly lift a glass to him tomorrow. Can I add that I don't drink but Im sure he wont mind my orange juice lol.

Its just going into the crematorium again that I am dreading. Perhaps I will have a brandy with the orange juice for dutch courage, just this once.

The candle idea is so comforting and I will think of them burning at 2:15 tomorrow.

I am so worried about young Craig with his mum bless him he has so much weight to carry there.

Thank you all xxxxxx
Will be thinking of you all xxx
we will be think of you toorrow pat take care xx
Will be thinking of you tomorrow Pat....love and hugs.

Take care Eve x x Image