[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Views On Social Workers And Their Involvement - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Views On Social Workers And Their Involvement

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
If someone has a social worker appointed is it possible to just ignore them? What could be the implications?
what about the other way round? we appear to be being ignored by social services. they came round in january referred us for occupational therapy said that appointment would be about 6 wks away and look at us now its now April!!!!!!! Not only that all she did was leave me a bunch of paper work and numbers for ME to ring! When I lived in Carlisle I had a fantastic disability social worker for sophie - I didnt have to fill any forms out or ring anyone myself she did all the relevant referrals.... seems down here they just cant be bothered to do any work... they want carers to do it for themselves - ontop of everything else we already have to do!!!!!!
If someone has a social worker appointed is it possible to just ignore them? What could be the implications?
what about the other way round? we appear to be being ignored by social services. they came round in january referred us for occupational therapy said that appointment would be about 6 wks away and look at us now its now April!!!!!!! Not only that all she did was leave me a bunch of paper work and numbers for ME to ring! When I lived in Carlisle I had a fantastic disability social worker for sophie - I didnt have to fill any forms out or ring anyone myself she did all the relevant referrals.... seems down here they just cant be bothered to do any work... they want carers to do it for themselves - ontop of everything else we already have to do!!!!!!
I'm not sure of your circumstances re: the actual need for care but I would advise getting on the side of the hospital consultant, if you have one. Meeting with him and being able to contact him has made a great deal of difference - the OT visit we received was arranged in lightning time (I'm talking about less than a week!!) but that is probably a bit exceptional. I had to laugh, though, because all they seemed to do was measure a few things, including a commode! Do they change much in height from one to another? Bizarre.