[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Vanishing friends and family - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Vanishing friends and family

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have a friend whose care and support is unconditional. We don't always understand each others lives and beliefs, but we overcome that somehow.She is a wonderful person, and I have only ever heard her speak badly of one person in the 23 years we have been friends.We have been through heartbreak, happiness and parenthood together.
I have a friend whose care and support is unconditional. We don't always understand each others lives and beliefs, but we overcome that somehow.She is a wonderful person, and I have only ever heard her speak badly of one person in the 23 years we have been friends.We have been through heartbreak, happiness and parenthood together.
I have also got lots of brilliant friends, but they all have a limit, and most of them are deliciously flawed human beings. I like the flawed people more than the perfect ones anyway, for some reason, it makes me feel less insecure. Anyway, moving on, lets imagine they invite you to be a bridesmaid at their wedding and you break wind just as they are about to say "I do!" ... now that might cause a tiny little problem to arise, wouldn't it, even if the rearguard action was utterly involuntary? And especially if you had counseled them previously that the bloke they were marrying was a convicted criminal with a record of polygamy?

Maybe this kind of whacky stuff doesn't happen to you? In which case you have lived a very sheltered and enviable life.. Image Image Image Image Image
I probably have led a sheltered life,but I think our friendship could cope with a little wind. Don't know about the convicted criminal one though! Image
thank you rob. you made me feel so much better.
i went to a meeting yesterday and was told how badly i had handled a situation re my daughter and basically 2 people sat and told me how flawed i am.
well thanks to your post i am now thinking of myself as a deliciously flawed human being. i mean it rob, thank you.
thank you rob. you made me feel so much better.
i went to a meeting yesterday and was told how badly i had handled a situation re my daughter and basically 2 people sat and told me how flawed i am.
well thanks to your post i am now thinking of myself as a deliciously flawed human being. i mean it rob, thank you.
Sounds like the Carer Character Assassination ploy used by social work types when THEY have seriously messed up Image
I never knew flatulence was a condition of friendship.

Ah well, ya learn things every day, donchya? Image
I never knew flatulence was a condition of friendship.

Ah well, ya learn things every day, donchya? Image
Farting among males is a male bonding thing- that famous campfire scene in Blazing Saddles is nothing compared to what my sons and their mates get up to. Just keep lighters away from young men after they have had a curry and a few pints Image
Sometimes these posts are a real eye-opener!! I expect I form part of the older community of the forums but I am happy to continue to believe in true, lasting love and friendship. And I question Byron's grasp of the subject - just saying something doesn't make it so. I prefer Oscar Wilde myself - the type of cynicism that doesn't have to be taken too seriously.
Just in case you missed that infamous scene in blazing saddles first time round ... not for the faint hearted though. Brilliant film - my favourite scene is when the black sherriff arrives in town for the first time to the utter astonishment of the welcome committee; that probably helped in a small way to get Obama elected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs
Just in case you missed that infamous scene in blazing saddles first time round ... not for the faint hearted though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs