[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disability equipment - Carers UK Forum

Disability equipment

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Not sure if it's equipment but does anyone know what we could use to cover my sons bedroom window, not blinds or curtains as he pulls them down, thinking some kind of screening that can be sprayed on where he can see out but no one can see in?
TIA
Vicky
Not sure if it's equipment but does anyone know what we could use to cover my sons bedroom window, not blinds or curtains as he pulls them down, thinking some kind of screening that can be sprayed on where he can see out but no one can see in?
TIA
Vicky
you might be able to get a tinted cover. You know like cars that have blacked out windows you could try and looking around for that Image
We know of someone who went to a company who tint car windows and they bought some stuff which they stuck on the inside of their house windows to make them look like mirrors from the outside so they can see out but no-one can see in, the trouble is that it doesn't work at night when the lights are on inside so it rather defeats the object of not having curtains - so if you do find something, you might want to ask if it will still work when the bedroom light is on.
try Googling 'smart glass' or 'opaque privacy glass'.

I remember seeing smart glass on a Grand Designs programme - it changes from clear to opaque at a touch of a switch.

There are also a number of opaque films that can be applied to the inside of the window, and whilst they obstruct the view in - they also obstruct the view out !

Also like Sue mentioned you can have ordinary glass tinted like car windows.

I have also seen double glazed windows where venetian blinds are fitted BETWEEN the glass panes (the controls are fitted to the framework), often used in open plan office partitions, but I suspect these would be very expensive. ÃÂ
Thanks everyone sure I can find something from those suggestions, he doesn't have a light in his room, he's pretty dangerous around light fittings but there is a light comes up from downstairs so it needs to be covered night and day.
I think two way glass would probably be very expensive so this covering could be the next best thing although he wont have a clear view out anymore which is a big shame.
Vicky