[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GOOD NEWS CARE HOME TO CLOSE - Carers UK Forum

GOOD NEWS CARE HOME TO CLOSE

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
In 2005 we had the unfortunate experience of STAN being placed in council run care home Park house (more like bleak house) for a few weeks respite we did give them the benefit of the doubt and thought they may improve but sadly they did not ive just been told by friend who`s mother was in this home and had a similar experience that the home is to close thank God .
Good news to hear that a bad care home is to close. I could name a few more that should be shut down having worked in several. On more than one occasion I have only been able to stomach one shift before quitting in total dispair. One in particular I wrote to the local licencing authority about who replied that it had been inspected and nothing was wrong. It was not shut down but changed ownership a few years later. It makes my blood boil when programs pop up now and then, tp bring bad practice to the public attention. It is the tip of the iceberg. The only way to sort it is to send an undercover reporter into every res. and nursing home in the country. The worst fault is the staffing levels are just too low. I was expected, in one home, to start getting very frail and confused people out of bed at 4.30am in order to get everyone ready for the breakfast round at 8.00am. The stories I could tell! My mum is demanding and difficult at 93 but I will never put her in a home. euthanasia is alive and living in Britain!