[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
You have to see the funny side - Carers UK Forum

You have to see the funny side

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I had a Social Services needs assessment today for Dad who was completely opposed as usual to any type of outside help. The lady was doing her absolute best to persuade him and very good at her job.
He said he was fine and didn't need any help from anyone with anything so she asked how various things got done and usual answer - daughter does it. She was almost laughing now as she could see what she was up against. She tried a different approach and said that daughter needed some support to which Dad agreed wholeheartedly and she asked what would happen if daughter ended up having nervous breakdown? So what do you think the reply was-something like Oh dear i don't want to see that, Or I'm sure she can cope really?
No -out he comes with "Well she's got a brother so I suppose I would ask him" Bring on the reserve team LOL :lol: :lol: (helicopter extrordinaire)
Full marks to the SW for changing tack, most wouldn't have bothered. So has she taken brother's name and address "just in case" or did she offer you any more help?!
No details not required me thinks as I watch a large pink pink fly past.
Reluctantly he has agreed to 2 mornings of me having a helper, but this is unlikely to last once the bill arrives with his name on it.