Update on Dad - and next Xmas

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
84 posts
Oh Paul, You have always been the one doing things in the past so default position is that you will do it. Ignore brother's comments about you never doing anything for Dad, you know different and have no need to feel that awful carer guilt. You have offered plenty of options so ball back in your dad's court and brother can say what he likes. Try not to feel the constant need to justify your decsions to brother.
Henrietta wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am
Oh Paul, You have always been the one doing things in the past so default position is that you will do it. Ignore brother's comments about you never doing anything for Dad, you know different and have no need to feel that awful carer guilt. You have offered plenty of options so ball back in your dad's court and brother can say what he likes. Try not to feel the constant need to justify your decsions to brother.
Yeh Im just so annoyed with the pair of them - brother and Dad.

Done well though. Said no I won't be up Saturday am - hes not happy. I did offer to do the bets for him online but hes just grumbled - so thats a no then!

Even though I normally go Sunday, my daughter is going over her friends house saturday afternoon now. Wife is working sunday as well so I'd have to take my daughter with me - not the most exciting (or cleanest) place to visit! If I go Saturday we can do other things on sunday.

Tempted to ring him and say, "I know you wanted me to come Saturday so I've worked a few things out and I can pop over Saturday pm". I know he won't like that. He wants people to visit when he wants them to visit - Saturday PM is "watch horse racing on TV" time.

Can't tell you the number of times I've offered to take him out on a Saturday and hes declined, then week later hes moaning that hes stuck in the house.
This years cricket trip planning - watch this space.
Not sure if I mentioned before we go every year to watch cricket. Hes a nightmare but I do it.

This years hes being funny. Doesn't want to go far and drive back in the dark, doesn't want to go somewhere expensive, doesn't want to go when the weathers bad. Hes mentioned a few ideal places like cheltenham and taunton - all well and good but their either not playing there or I'm busy that weekend.

Its boiled down to either:-

1) Lords (London). I'd love to go there having never been. Can guarantee he won't go for that one. 3 Hours drive to London. And he thinks everyone in London is a mugger. And of course hotel would cost a bit more.

2) Southampton. Not too far 2 hours drive. Hotels cheap enough. BUT its end of April. Will have an issue with it being too cold.

I'm betting we don't end up going anywhere........ He seems happy to stay in the house and moan the older he gets. I don't get it - keep telling him "You're a long time dead".
Paul, I live near Southampton. DON'T bring him down here in April if he moans about the cold. Sometimes it's gloriously warm, but it can be bitterly cold too.
We gave up taking our steam engine to rallies May Day weekend after a series of bitterly cold shows.
84 posts