Update on Dad - and next Xmas

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
136 posts
Henrietta wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:21 pm
I had to smile Paul, your Dad is still worrying about you even if it he has a strange way of showing his parental responsibilities!

It reminded me of Dad watching me in whirlwind mode with no sleep chasing my tail and telling me that I need to sit down more or I will make myself tired.

Have a fab break - I love the fact you are off to the festival and teenager staying at home - images of Ab Fab spring to mind LOL
Yes his worrying is counter-productive. Whereas I can see where its nice to have someone concerned for you, when it gets like with Dads its suffocating I find.

He worries about things that he knows nothing about and gets an idea in his head or he'll see something on the news. The drugs things for instance.....

I've had that too off him that I need to "slow down". PRecious considering hes the one making me zoom around....
Well he really pushed the boat out this weekend - as predicted! Well it was mainly brother.

Remember Im at a music festival, minimal phone signal, no power, little internet. I'd already told Dad I wouldn't be phoning him.

So I get fbook message from brother "phone dad urgently". I reply "whats up?". Another reply "just phone him now!". So I think get stuffed its obviously nothing if you can't even tell me.

He then messages my wife. Really. "Tell Paul to phone dad now". Wife responds "look whats the problem, theres little signal here, its not going to be possible". So then she gets a long message telling her how selfish we both are because we can't spare 5 mins.

Lets just say she is not impressed. And I can't blame her.

I didn't phone Dad. I called him last night. This was all over a letter hes had from the electric company telling him his payment is overdue. I've sorted it out this morning and got it all done (just confusion because he switched suppliers).

Dad swears blind that he didnt ask brother to contact me. Not sure here. Past experience has shown he panics and expects all hands on deck. I went mad, between the pair of them they pretty much ruined my weekend. Wife is on the warpath and wants something sorted.

What on earth the pair of them expected for me to sort out, sitting in a field, 75 miles from home with dodgy mobile signal I'll never know.
Stephen_16071 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:58 am
Do you mind me asking how old you are Paul, what kind of ticket you have for Glastonbury and whether its suitable for a six year old?
What headline acts are you going to watch and more importantly how are you going to look after your Daughter.

I'm sorry I'm always negative, but anyone who has been to Glastonbury will tell you, it's not a place for a six year old.
Im 51 years old Stephen. We stayed in our trailer tent in the Accessible field (wife has mobility issues). This will be our 6th visit - and our daughters 3rd.

I'm assuming that you've never been? Also, not sure who you've been speaking to who has been to be honest? What part would you suggest is not suitable?

You are aware that there is an entire section of Glastonbury specifically for children, don't you?

We got Thursday-Friday with our daughter, drive home Friday evening, she stays with Gran, then we go back for the Sat/Sun. It does get a little busy on the weekend I will admit, but a lot of people do remain with their kids - its a personal choice. We choose not to have her stay the entire weekend.

Hope this gives you more of an insight....
Stephen_16071 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:52 am
Paul, you do realise that Pluto was discovered in 1930, BUT it's NOT a Planet? It's actually a dwarf planet?

Which kind of makes your argument redundant..
Hmmmmmm..... I think the point is still there though dont you?
Paul, I'm so glad that you enjoyed Glastonbury. In future, aim only to stay places where there is no signal!

I was worried it was going to be a mud bath. M and I were talking about rallies and mud, he has a long list of shows where it ended up really bad. The worst ever was the Great Dorset Steam Fair. My husband had taken his trusty Land Rover down, and I was in my Sierra. No.1 son was a toddler at the time, I'd taken loads and loads of clothes, and told him when they were gone, we'd have to go home. In his seventh clean set of clothing, he went out of the caravan to be with Daddy, but was back 2 minutes later, having gone spread-eagled in the mud! It was time to go home. My OH said that there wasn't any point in me trying to drive out, so he hooked a tow rope on the back of my car, and towed me out backwards! My son was not impressed about going home, and kept saying "Stay with Daddy" all the way home!!

Instead, I guess it was more of a dustbowl scenarioat Glastonbury?
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:39 am
Paul, I'm so glad that you enjoyed Glastonbury. In future, aim only to stay places where there is no signal!

I was worried it was going to be a mud bath. M and I were talking about rallies and mud, he has a long list of shows where it ended up really bad. The worst ever was the Great Dorset Steam Fair. My husband had taken his trusty Land Rover down, and I was in my Sierra. No.1 son was a toddler at the time, I'd taken loads and loads of clothes, and told him when they were gone, we'd have to go home. In his seventh clean set of clothing, he went out of the caravan to be with Daddy, but was back 2 minutes later, having gone spread-eagled in the mud! It was time to go home. My OH said that there wasn't any point in me trying to drive out, so he hooked a tow rope on the back of my car, and towed me out backwards! My son was not impressed about going home, and kept saying "Stay with Daddy" all the way home!!

Instead, I guess it was more of a dustbowl scenarioat Glastonbury?
Was indeed very hot.....

Had a bit of a bad weekend. Got food poisoning on friday - still not over it. Not the best place to be needing the toilet all the time!
136 posts