[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Support - Carers UK Forum

Support

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My husband came out of Hull royal Infirmary on 21st March after a very severe stroke. I said I wanted to care for him at home and this was agreed.  We get four visits a day from a care company called Proactive Partners. I am not entirely happy with the standards of the service and also the fact that they will not do any later visits than 8 in the evening. My husband is totally paralysed on the left and once in bed he cannot move. We really need a later visit too. But apparently this company is the only company in our area (we live in Kilnsea south of withernsea) and it will not do later visits. My husband is on NHS continuing care which I had thought would ensure that he would get first class care. Is there anything that I can do?
Speak to the NHS' coordinator. If they agree that your husband needs the additional visit, it's up to them to make it happen.

But I think you'll need a local agency to support you - is there a carers centre in your area, or a stroke support group?