[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Trapped - Carers UK Forum

Trapped

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Help. I dont know how much more I can take. My dad who I care for has become more and more dependant on me and I feel utterly trapped. My only breaks now are ging to work, which is quite hard physically. Even when im in work im worrying all the time and not concentrating.
I used to manage a day away once in a while just for a day out but thats gone as well now.
im crying As i write this I think that my lifes not worth living any more.
I just dont know what to do.
Hi Paul,

Do you have any help from social services regarding your dad`s care? A good place to start would be to arrange an assessment, both for your carees needs, and also a carers assessment for yourself.

There will be others along soon with other advice, but just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Take care
Meg
Hi Paul,

Definitely try and get a care assessment, if you haven't already.

I understand exactly how you feel - "been there and done that", as the saying goes. In my case I for my husband, who like your dad is becoming more dependent over time. Don't feel guilty about how you feel, but make sure you get some help. If you're not sure what to do first that Citizen's Advice Bureau would be good to check first.
Lots of advice on these links Paul. Menu down left hand side provides further links to info too

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... rly-parent

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice
Take Rosemary`s advice and don`t give up.There is help out there.First step is to look at the problems you both face and get organised to deal with them.But remember,you have a life to live too.Good luck. Image Image
Hello Paul. So sorry to hear things are really wearing you down and you are feeling trapped. I dont know how you manage to get through work with everything on your mind. But somehow you know you do have to find a way to get a bit of time for yourself. If not things will totally fall apart and nobody wants that, and nobody wants you to crack under the strain. Approaching Social Services for a Carers Assessment seems vital. Thats all about what help and support can be offered to you to enable you to continue in this role. Please do this. Social Services will do their very best to help you. Be honest with them about what you do for your Dad and how you feel. And think about what support might help you to keep going during the next few months.

Hope things soon get a little easier for you. Take care.

Robert