[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Toilet weirdness..apologies it's gross - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Toilet weirdness..apologies it's gross

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Honey Badger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:50 am
Hello,

While its actually not the worst thing I have witnessed or heard about, its quite understandable to find these habits distressing.

In the mind of the person doing it, its nowt out of the ordinary and rational behaviour. The references to childhood, or locations from the past (such as countries with poor plumbing system) is spot on.

Its much how like we identify a person "wandering" (walking with purpose), who in their view of things is merely trying to go home (just its not home in the sense we identify with, but THEIR childhood home from half a century back, etc)

Just showing some solidarity

Best wishes
Thanks it makes sense, though I have trouble getting my head around it all. The pattern I can see is that when Mum was here going to the toilet was "work" and it's normal for him to have many steps to take rather than flush and go. He making it a job again because that's his norm for the past 5 or so years ( excuse the job pun.....)

It's just another thing to tell the psychiatrist.
No worries,

Don't ever apologise or feel weird having to talk about this sort of thing

Its just the body doing stuff the body does :P

Between us I doubt theres much none of us have not seen

Take care and be kind to yourself

Best wishes
Agree with Honey Badger. Poo is a big part of Carerworld!