Time to say goodbye.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thank you for all the comments, alot of people seem to have forgot the forum is for all carers, it matters not if they post or do not post, what will CUK do for those who do not have the confidence to join or post, but could look at carer to carer and general discussion, they were plain to see sections that did what it said on the tin. There are a lot of people out there who got strength and encouragement from just being able to browse without joining. Those sections are gone, take a screen shot of the old and the new, then look at them together, If this forum is for all carers, then don't hide it, let people look in without joining. Don't exclude those people to scared to join or post through lack of confidence, or those who do not know how to work computers. Let people see rhe forum, it's what the forum was made for. Some of you will agree, some of you will not, we all have opinions, good or bad, i am to tired to begin another battle, for me the good parts are gone hidden from view. thats the last i will say on this, thankyou to all the good friends i have made on here, your help and support have been wonderfull.
Hi Paul

I have just written something similar somewhere else.. but I can't remember the name of it!

No battles necessary but I know what you mean. Sometimes it seems like we are just not listened to but I think we are, at least we have been asked to give some feedback on the public/private debate.
Which is more than I can say for some other forums I belong to! Your friends are your friends in whatever context but I would certainly say that all you contribute would be sadly missed. We are what makes the forum what it is so if you take off, that is one less carers voice to be heard.

Whatever you decide, take care x
Paul sorry you are leaving over the layout of the forum. Kind of drastic, but you must do what feels right for you. You clearly feel very strongly about it.

Personally, I find the headings less confusing than before. I used to be unclear what went in carer to carer and what was more suited to general discussion. I think as long as members post caring issues in carer to carer and not in social area - the forum will offer as much to potential members who are just browsing.

I was surprised that the LD heading had been removed as I think a large proportion of carers care for someone with a LD. I think all the specific condition threads sections are underused, and understand that this one was not used a lot, but still question this one decision.

Colour of the forum? Not overally fussed about this one.

Another forum I belong to automatically saves posts at intervals as you type ... now that is a useful feature that I wish we had.

Melly1
Might be a bit late, but I can't believe you've really gone?
Wish you the best of luck and hope you and your wife can continue rescuing all those kittens and puppies.
Love to you all, keep sailing.