Time running out to register for Carers Rights Day!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
There are less than two weeks left to register to run an event on Carers Rights Day, 5th December 2008.

Every day another six thousand people take on caring responsibilities, and, as many carers know, it often takes years for them to get information on their rights to practical and financial support. On Carers Rights Day each year, hundreds of local groups across the coutry run events to support and inform carers - making sure they know their rights and get all the support they can.

If you or your local carers group can run an event, or you can persuade your GP, community centre or any local organisation to host an information stall or display - you can get free resources from Carers UK, including posters, stickers, banners and leaflets.

Events can be big or small - a carers fayre to a stack of leaflets and a poster on a GP's front desk - whatever you can manage will make a difference!

Registration takes just a few minutes, and can be done online at www.carersrightsday.org or by ringing Steve on 0207 378 4937.
Done!

marie x
Its surprising the places that you least expect that can benefit from events like these.
In June,Christine sent me a selection of leaflets and I made arrangements to have a table set up at our local Gala bingo hall.It was only supposed to be for one day but the manager asked if it could stay longer.During the months following, I was told of people who had applied for and received various benefits,asked for carers assessments and a few started recognising themselves as carers.