[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carer's allowance??? - Carers UK Forum

carer's allowance???

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
hello i hope someone can help me out here!
im new on this site so bear with me please
i have been trying to get carer's allowance for my mum as she is my full time carer and i cant it for her but ive been told she cant have it a friend has told me that i can get it paid to me and i paid my carer's is this true? and does anyone know how i go about getting it this way plz? Image
Hi Kim,

Take a look at this link,it might help you.

http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Fin ... sAllowance

You can also get help from Carers Line

CarersLine is staffed by experts and has years of experience of dealing with the problems carers face. We provide free and confidential information and advice on]0808 808 7777[/b] and we are open on Wednesday and Thursday 10am -12pm and 2pm - 4pm.

By the way,welcome to the forum too Image Image

Rosemary
Hello Kim.b,
I'm Brian. I have been caring for my Mum for five years. How Carers Allowance works is for you to claim Attendance Allowance first. That will then enable your Mum to claim Carers Allowance. Unfortunately, once past the retirement age, Carers Allowance is not paid for men or women. That is the only way I know to claim Carers Allowance. Good luck. Brian
if you are getting dla at the middle or high rate then your mum can claim carers allowance unless over pension age. as rosemary said ring carersline who will help you