[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
They Can find Space in Prison - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

They Can find Space in Prison

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Very well said DOrOthyG, Mairie, Gem & Nilla. If it was a black and white world then there would be no such thing as Manslaughter, only Murder.

Pete
Hi Alex

I don't agree with you on that cheating your employer is only contractual it is stealing.
There have been case's where someone should have been on site and they have not been and being paid then that became defrauding and then it was a criminal case ie stealing.
There as to be a grey area in most law's.
Before the Homicide act of the 1950's there was no leeway with murder it was murder or manslaughter.
Then the act changed that it was the death penalty if you killed a policeman if the murder was premeditated and if gain was got by the murder ie if property money or valuables were taken.
Judges up till then had to pass a death sentence and then it was up to the home secretary to reprieve or not to.
There was no leeway as in America ie 1st & 2nd degree murder in France there was crime of passion in Britain just murder or manslaughter no grey area.
As for crimes of murder after the act was passed there was a murder case and they made a film about it a group lads killed a night watchman in robbery the man fell over but hit his head and died a few day's later they didnt get any money and ran off one of the lads went back and checked then phoned for a ambulance made the mistake of picking some loose Chang for his bus fare home he admitted to this in his evidence he was the only one to hang he was the caring one but made gain out of the robbery only pence but the law was the law.
Must we always have black & white i don't think so.
John
Benefit cheats defraud the system but don't kill anyone, speeding motorists do frequently kill people, therefore speeding is unacceptable.
So why is speeding so common? Drink driving IS socially unacceptable and very few people do it.
Just because one wants to get from A to B in the shortest possible time doesn't make speeding acceptable, even if everyone does it!
Must we always have black & white i don't think so.
John[/quote]

Totally agree John this is why carer issues and the whole country is in a mess, because no one is prepared to think outside the box. Guide lines are taken as rules because no one wants to take responsibility. IMO this case is a disgrece if he has been paying it back for a year there is no need for a prison sentance at all, also what has happened to mitagating circumstances, I wish him all the best with his appeal, the whole family and friends that are helping with his wifes care are all being punished, this is not justice in the true sense of the word.
Benefit cheats defraud the system but don't kill anyone, speeding motorists do frequently kill people, therefore speeding is unacceptable.
Speeding is a victimless crime. The vast majority of speeders are good drivers with fast reflexes who never ever have an accident. It is a huge waste of police and court resources to hunt down people who are driving perfectly safely but are technically above the speed limit, especially on the motorway when there is little traffic and good road conditions.

I have a problem with this whole nanny state philosophy - the problem is where does it stop? Lots of things are potentially dangerous - speedboating or ski-ing for example - so why not ban speedboats or skiers next? Fireworks are dangerous - lets ban matches and rockets. We will end up wrapping everyone in the cotton wool of the nanny state - there is too much regulation.

I wouldn't jail a benefit cheat either - thats a huge waste of public resources. There are lots of good alternatives such as community service and hefty fines.
Speeding is a victimless crime.
That's news to me.
[quote]Excalibur wrote]

Tell that to those who have lost loved ones....................

Anyway re your friend John I'm with you.......I saw on TV tonight a couple beating up a man on a bus/train? because he asked them to take their feet of the seat, the woman kicked him in the head with her stilletto heel - what did they get COMMUNITY SERVICE AND A FINE....................

John your friend probably got worn down with trying to survive on next to nothing - he doesnt deserve this - this should highlight the plight of carers.
What we need for some crim`s is a prison in space.
Excalibur wrote]
Tell that to those who have lost loved ones....................
They didn't lose their lives because of speeding, they lost their lives because of reckless driving - and there is a huge difference.

We have far too many overlapping laws in this country, but I would rate a government not by how many good new laws it passes, but by how many bad laws it repeals. Who wants their lives restricted, measured, monitored, judged, and interfered with constantly in every little aspect by petty government officials, parking attendants and traffic cops? The new ID card says it all to me, civil liberties are a thing of the past now.

You know, the carers who are campaigning for a wage now will soon start to regret it when they win their case and the government appoints inspectors to run their fingers under their kitchen counters to check for grease stains...!!
IS this not a last minute attempt to fight the LUDICROUS AND DISCRIMMINATORY LEGISLATION WITH REF TO CARERS AND DISABLED PEOPLE.

PUSHING LAW ABIDING CITIZENS TO THE END OF THE THEIR TETHER IN THAT TRYING TO SURVIVE ON BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES.

JAMES PARNELL DWP MINISTER FOR DWP REFUSED TO SIGN EXPENDITURE RECIEPTS UNDER £250 AND TO DISCLSOE MPS EXPENDITURE.

THE POINT IS THERE SEEMS TO BE RULES FOR MINISTERS AND FOR THE PUBLIC.

THE MONEY WE ALL GET IS LUDICROUS HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LIVE ON THIS MONEY OR GOVERNMENT TIP.

I CANNOT EVEN LIVE IN MUMS HOUSE WHO IS TERMINALLY ILL WITH CANCER DUE TO OVERLAPPING RULE CANNOT EVEN RECIEVE CARERS ALLWOANCE BUT HAVE SO CALLED UNDERLINNING ENTITLEMENT DONT GET THE MONEY ETC.

BEEN A CARER FOR A MUM OR DAD OR A CHILD YOU WOULD GO TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO HELP EVERY INCH OF YOUR BODY IN TRYING TO IMPROVE THE DISABLED PERSONS QUALITY OF LIFE.

TO ACTUALLY GO TO YOUR MP REALLY DOES NOT CREATE CHANGE AS MINSTERS MINIONS WHO WRITE THE LETTER RESPONSES JUST FOBB YOU OFF CONTINOUSLY.

CARERS HAVE NO LIFE REALLY EITHER SOCIALLY OR FINANCIALLY THE GOVERNMENT USES AND ABUSES CARERS MPS AND MSP JUST FEATHERING THEIR OWN BASKETS CARERS NOTHING.

KENNETH2DUNDEE