[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Question - Carers UK Forum

Question

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The forum itself started up in 2005, was terribly slow and suffered badly from inexperience with the nature of the internet and it's many forums. It was, I think, a steep learning curve for many! Image
I was elected as a Trustee about eleven years ago for a four year period of office, and having had some experience of US based usenet discussion boards, almost the first thing I did was to try to persuade the other Trustees to vote for an online forum. The expressions around the table were priceless: none of the other Trustees had ever heard of such a thing, C-UK didnt even have a website in those days, and most of my fellow Trustees and even the staff had no or very limited experience of personal internet access or even email. Needless to say, it took some time to win popular support.
The first C-UK website was a small unofficial site set up by our Manchester office in or around 2002, Gavin was the editor and designer as I recall.
The annoying thing about this was that our late entry gave an opportunity for every Tom, Dick and Harry who had an axe to grind to set up shop online, causing a great deal of confusion and weakening our mission.
I never realised the original forum started as late as 2005 Image

grew well, didn't it? Image Image
Personally I like to think that this forum really got going on roughly Saturday the 16th January 2010, at roughly 2.29pm... but I may be wrong Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Personally I like to think that this forum really got going on roughly Saturday the 16th January 2010, at roughly 2.29pm... but I may be wrong Image Image Image Image
You are not wrong but perfectly right Image . That rule applies to every member and the day/time they joined though. I know you were teasing ( I hope Image Image ) but each person that contributes to the forum is part of its continuing success.
I totally agree (and yes, I was only teasing). I'm happy for each member that uses this forum and I'm happy that it's available to those who need it, whether they use it regularly or just as and when they need to. Newbies and not so newbies. It wouldn't be the forum with out each individual.
Image Image Image so cheeky Image
Group hug time Image Image