[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The stress that comes from lying - Page 9 - Carers UK Forum

The stress that comes from lying

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
105 posts
Exactly. It may be partly because cats tend to throw up very soon after they have eaten, before any digestion has taken place. Sometimes cat vomit is merely a slightly rearranged version of what one put into the feeding dish 5 minutes earlier...

Tristesa
Precisely.
Hello

I am brand new to the forum . I joined a few hours ago . I was searching the forum and came a cross this thread. Before I was diagnosed with breast and bone cancer I was a staff nurse for 15 years so I have done my fair share of care.

Reading this thread made me feel incredibly sad ...cos maybe I am a huge burden to my carer...maybe my carer lies and smiles and it isn't genuine.... Should I ask...?

What seperates us from animals is our ability to feel empathy , sympathy and compassion ..... well that an we don't eat the ill or injured...

Tilly
Tilly, very few of our carees are or were a huge burden to the carer. Some obviously do find this, hence this thread, but writing it down and getting others views is a good way to get things off your chest and help you move forward.
And I expect you'd know if your carer actually thought you a huge burden.
Yes Myrtle I think you might be right Image
Reading this thread made me feel incredibly sad ...cos maybe I am a huge burden to my carer...maybe my carer lies and smiles and it isn't genuine.... Should I ask...?
Tilly
Tilly, I'm sorry if the things you've read on this thread have made you feel bad. Please bear in mind that most of the members on this forum are carers, rather than carees, so they will naturally be writing things from their perspective and empathising with other carers, rather than seeing things from the perspective of a caree.

The idea of being a burden to anyone would be a worry to anyone, I think, but please don't dwell on this too much. You didn't choose to be ill and from the tone of your posts it does not seem to me that you are taking your carer's help for granted, so please don't feel bad because you've read some posts where carers have vented about their situations. Hopefully you and your carer can be open with each other and work together to ease the burden, for each other. You're already trying to do that, by coming here to seek financial advice on behalf of your carer.
Hello Shewolf

Thankyou I understand fully now about the poster venting. I won't deny that for a moment it scared the bejeebers out of me. Having said all of that though I think the person who started the thread should be applauded for being so painfully open and honest.

Tilly
Hello Shewolf
I think the person who started the thread should be applauded for being so painfully open and honest.
Tilly
Hear hear! I tend to post positive stuff because I am very proud of what my son has achieved, but there are times when I get pretty fed up of his grumpiness and rudeness. Like, I always ask him after college "How was your day" and he routinely responds: "I don't know!" Which is bullshit, as he knows perfectly well.
Yes Scally I can imagine it is frustrating when that happens. Actually this thread as made me feel quite bad in other ways too...sometimes I get so self absorbed and I too can be quite mean to my carer ...but I don't do it to hurt anyone..I do it because I am grieving for myself I think...

Your boy is lucky to have a dad like you Image

Tilly
Tilly, it's very understandable that with everything you're going through you may be self absorbed at times, so don't be so hard on yourself. I get self absorbed at times too, but I have nowhere near as much to worry about as you do.
105 posts