[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The most valuable lesson learnt in your childhood - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

The most valuable lesson learnt in your childhood

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
When I asked my hubby this question he said his most valuable lesson was how to hide a family of 7 children & 2 adults behind the sofa so the rent man couldn't see them Image
To stop worrying, it never was worth while.
What will be will be.
Like Susie, always tell the truth, unless it hurts someone too much, then a little white lie is acceptable.
Never believe everything your told.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly.
Live for today, tomorrow never comes.
The first one down for breakfast gets the Blue Bowl.
Push comes to shove you're on your own
That school uniforms should fit the child, children should not be expected to grow into their uniforms Image .
I wish I had had your mother Parsifal. My mother believed the child should grow into the uniform!
The most valuable lesson I learnt was from my Dad.He always said that every human being has something to offer the world and never to dismiss anyone as stupid.9I had come home from school and told him that the teacher had called one boy a dunce and made him stand in the corner all afternoon.)
i learned to be independant and survive which came in very useful in adulthood.
Mum's advice on 'clean underwear - just in case' one lasted well into adulthood!! Image
oh yes, and NEVER use safety pins to hold a broken bra strap Image
"A stitch in time saves nine" Image Image Image Image

along with

"always use the loo when you get the chance, you can never find one when you need one"
Actually, LD my mother did expect me to grow into the uniform, I still haven't grown into it, which is how she taught me to never expect a child to grow into one. And here's something else which my mother taught me: you always make your mistakes with your first child and correct them for the second, my sister's school uniform fitted. Thanks, mum Image .
"always use the loo when you get the chance, you can never find one when you need one"[/quote]

Oh yes! I think that's definitely a girl thing Image
But I'm now saying this to my dad too... Image Image