[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The most valuable lesson learnt in your childhood - Carers UK Forum

The most valuable lesson learnt in your childhood

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Common sense, something which seems to be a rarity these days.
The greatest thing that i learnt was how to see the funny side of everything.The second greatest thing was to learn that nothing makes sense....so don`t expect it to Image
Recognising the fact, that the longer you stay a child the better of you are, children grow up to quickly, and in trying to be adult, miss out on so much.
Legible writing....................thank you Grandad

Good mathematic skills...........thank you Dad

Being able to construct a good arguement and present it to a Peer or a Pauper with equal passion... self taught over 50 years.
I learnt to laugh and to love, to own up when it's my fault and not to expect life to be fair.
Anyone willing to kick off?

For instance ..... learning is life long and its really nice to pick the scab off your knee but really nasty to have the plaster pulled off by your big sister. Image Image
Or have her cut your fringe unless you want one that looks like a toothbrush Image
If I said to mum and dad "I can't" their reply was always "don't say can't, just try". As well as having a good education, I can ride a motorbike, drive a steam engine, have shipped steam engines round the world, and I'm good at wallpapering! Later in life, I've often said that when we come into the world, we can do nothing for ourselves, we just need to learn how to do things.
Anyone willing to kick off?

For instance ..... learning is life long and its really nice to pick the scab off your knee but really nasty to have the plaster pulled off by your big sister. Image Image
Or have her cut your fringe unless you want one that looks like a toothbrush Image
never mind a toothbrush fringe.....I walked round with a bald patch for weeks Image Image Image
Image Image Image
I didnt realise I had it so good Image
Cutting off your eyelashes doesn't make them grow longer Image Image .