[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers review coming up - Carers UK Forum

Carers review coming up

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Its that time when my carers review is due, I get out much as not only am I the sole carer for my hubby I am disabled myself, any ideas on what I could as for?
To be honest the best thing to do is ask for everything that can help your caring around the house or enable you to go out. Just think about it in advance and write it down with reasons.
Some LA's take no notice and just file it others actually respond.
Some suggestions
Respite care
Hoists in Bathroom and Bedroom fixed rather than portable especially if your movement is restricted.
DFG if you need the kitchen altering to suit your joint needs.
Support pillows for sleeping
Electric scooter / wheelchair if this would enable you both to get out
Door entry system so that he could ansewer the door while you are out.
Handsfree telephone
Just some suggestions you will not get it all and some of it might not be suitable. But spend some time thinking about the problems you face during the day doing things and if the OT or SW doing the assesment is good they will be able to advise you on things that you might be able to get tohelp.

Also ask about a carers grant which some councils make available it can be up to £350 to enable you to pursue an intrest or get some form of respite.

It might get you no where but its worth a try.
Lots of luck
My dad's 92, and I care deeply about his estate, ahem about him,
Whenever I go over and visit him at his HOUSE I always make sure I leave a couple of windows open in the HOUSE. It is such a nice HOUSE, after all. Not that I want it or anything.
Where there's a will there's a way Image

A bit close to the bone there folks, was at a stand up night at my local comedy club at the weekend, dont blame me!
My dad's 92, and I care deeply about his estate, ahem about him,
Whenever I go over and visit him at his HOUSE I always make sure I leave a couple of windows open in the HOUSE. It is such a nice HOUSE, after all. Not that I want it or anything.
Where there's a will there's a way Image

A bit close to the bone there folks, was at a stand up night at my local comedy club at the weekend, dont blame me!
Hi Sparkysdream

You really are a comic perhaps you would like to contribute to our Fun & Games section.

John