[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
feel so alone caring for son & hubby - Carers UK Forum

feel so alone caring for son & hubby

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi I'm new here. Don't really know what I need, advice maybe or just to hear someone else understands. Care for my hubby who has physical disabilities as well as OCD & BPD, my teenage son has now begun suffering with severe PTSD and I also have a 15 mth old baby. I feel like I have no life left at all, I love them all so much and there's nothing I wouldn't do for them but I barely get time for a shower. I can never get out to see friends, even if I plan it I usually have to cancel because my son is so ill. I'm always being told to 'make time for myself' and id love to but there just isn't a spare second in the day for me to exercise, or meditate or do any if the things I used to enjoy doing to destress. I feel so alone, like I have nothing and no one outside of these four walls. I know I shouldn't complain because I'm not the one who's ill and I feel like I'm being so selfish but I just feel so alone. Am I the only one?
Hi. I know exactly how you feel. I am a full time carer for my mum who had a stroke, though she can walk albeit slowly with a Zimmer frame and eat by herself.I still do all the household chores, shopping, laundry etc. The only time I do go out is either for shopping or a haircut. Like yourself, there's nothing I wouldn't do for my mum, but I don't have any time to meet friends etc. Unfortunately I,m sure there are plenty of people like us out there. Be thinking of you. Kind regards Nicholas
Hello Suzanne and welcome.
My goodness what a caring load you have! There's many of us on here who struggle to look after 1 caree let alone 3. No wonder you are exhausted and isolated.
First advice is to get a Carers Assessment for yourself and Needs Assessments for you hubby and son. This should produce a plan where you no longer have to do everything yourself. There's likely to be a waiting list for assessments but keep chasing and being assertive so you don't get fobbed off. You need help, your load is too much for 1 person.
Am sure other forumites will be along with other advice and support soon. I just wanted to say an initial 'hi'
Kind regards
MrsA