[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Terrified about the country and my future - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Terrified about the country and my future

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
i was typing and posted but its gone Image

the happy pills are hard to get away from as i have became so bad that i need diazapam Image I havent worked and left school at 16 and looked after my mum. i did try college but mum needed me and i do feel ashamed that i havent worked but my mum needs me. I have been in touch with the local carers group to see if i can do a part time course and keep carers allwance but have not heard anything Image i am scared of what i will do when mum not here as caring is all i know.

I do have a partner (shall i call him) who lives in southampton but we dont see each other as much as we would like due to the fact he is looking for work and cant afford to travel up here. he has his own problems and his mum needs helps sometimes. he has told me he will not let the be alone and wont the council take my things when the worst happens. i know i cant expect my mum to be here forever but i just fear what i will do when she is not here. i know that if the worst was a slow process i would have to look for work at the same i just dont know who would give me a job at that time with no experience either.
I can only agree with what others have said.Fear resides within you,it can consume all else.Blighting life,if it is let do so.
I remember when I managed to wangle my son a place on a Youth leadership programme in Finland last year, and sent him off for a week backpacking around the countryside with his (paid) peer-supporter - both lads still teenagers. Of course I was on a knife edge the whole time .. it was a huge step to take. And the time I started to encourage him to use the bus by himself to college, or to walk into town by himself, its all about mastering fear step by step.

But its only by getting on top of fear one chunk at a time that you can start to feel that things are moving your way. As for the very long term, well being such good people as we all are, we will probably all end up in the same place, whatever place you believe that to be, so I wouldnt worry too much about it!
My wise old Grandad was often heard to say "there is nothing to fear, but fear itself".

Take care
Meg
Totally agree.
TRUE,FEAR is all we really do FEAR.
I worked in Public Health for a few years, and it gives you some interesting perspectives. I mean, many parents seriously imagine that abduction by a stranger is a really major risk to their child, and so they basically wall them up in the house with lots of silly rules. Little realising that far more children will ultimately die of morbid obesity due to lack of exercise, or by suicide due to social isolation, than have ever died by being murdered by a stranger Image
Crikey.EVERY day,on social networks,i read of The great global conspiracy.Various wacky,way out LOONY,LOOPY notions of:Alien Invasion.The "Iluminate",er...OK,whoever they are,Running the globe.Various "Masters" of the planet.

The Vatican,The Disney Corporation,Coca Cola,Kellogs etc etc are alleged to be behind allsorts of nutty doings

Now,all this madcap stuff is based upon the even more insane idea that ANYONE,ANYWHERE is RUNNING this upside down world of ours.

Now,Ok,Just Like Lewis Carol,s "Alice",I too try to believe,at least,6 impossible things before breakfast,But come-on "Order","Control"?.get real!.No one has a clue about anything,or even cares about anything anymore.See a Sunrise,THATS THE REAL DEAL.Mother Nature,renewaL,theres your order.mankind,WE SORRY LOT,HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT,we wreck it,pollute it.

So,"FEAR"?. its all manmade.One in 4 folks has some kind of Mental health trauma,Most of the time,if not ALL of the time,MANMADE!.

Money.DEBT.JOB LOSS,CARING,etc....etc....etc....just society,all factor into it.

We live in a paranoid,twisted world,the manmade,taxed to the hilt screwed-up Built enviroment,WE humans inflicted on ourselves.But,hay,get out there,see a sunrise,stuff the rest....
Ive always(from my youth,I protested against Whale Hunting.Even at school we got a protest group going)loved the majesty of Whales.

While some may revel at celebrity antics,wallow in the tedium of soaps,,bother their heads over what Princess Kate is wearing,I am absorbed by the sea,the elements and the giants of the ocean,The Whale.The biggest of them all,The Blue Whale,I find amazing.It puts the drivel of government,and tiny,tiny politicians into context.Nature trumps ANYTHING mankind can contrive,10 times over.
Maxi wrote
The biggest of them all,The Blue Whale,I find amazing.It puts the drivel of government,and tiny,tiny politicians into context.Nature trumps ANYTHING mankind can contrive,10 times over.
Mmmmm except a harpoon in the hands of a human Image