[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Election Results for your own area - Carers UK Forum

Election Results for your own area

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Ours was....

Labour 20,910
Cons 8,002
Libdem 7,163
BNP 2,709

Majority was slightly reduced.

The turnout was 60.4 per cent - up five per cent on last time round, with over 4,000 more of the electorate using their vote.
Conservatives 51%
Lib Dems 20%
Labour 18%

Very rural area.
Tories overturned a Labour majority in my constituency.

Chris Skidmore Conservative 19,362 40.4 +8.3
Roger Berry Labour 16,917 35.3 -10.6
Sally FitzHarris Liberal Democrat 8,072 16.8 -1.2
Alex - quite sad to see Roger Berry go in your area - he is one of the good guys (even if he did buy a very expensive toaster! Image ) and has had the balls to vote against his own party on quite a few issues - now that is a sign of a good MP. I remember him taking the seat on the disability rights issues after the former MP there unashamedly tried to sabotage anti-discrimination legislation. He promised to stand up for dis rights if he got in and he kept that promise. Not sure the new tory guy will be so good.
Scotland got one Conservative mp - how can they govern us when they have no mandate? Independence now!

Eun
It's 13.50 on Friday and still no result in where I live.

However, Gloucester has gone from Labour to Conservative (which I can bearly believe) and I think Stroud has lost its fine Labour MP David Drew to the Conservatives. Everyone I knew in Stroud used to speak highly of him. Tewkesbury has stayed Conservative...rural and rich area, I guess. How would you rate Martin Horwood our Lib Dem MP's chances of holding off the Conservatives? Come on Martin.....He was described nationally as a truly decent person and one of the few to call for MPs expenses to be made public, before all the expenses scandals broke.
It's just come in......LibDem Martin Horwood has held Cheltenham

LibDem 26,659

Cons 21,739

I am absolutely delighted. He really helped one of my adult students when she was in a very difficult situation ...... He deserved to win.
Both Luton seat's held by Labour.

John
Alex - quite sad to see Roger Berry go in your area - he is one of the good guys (even if he did buy a very expensive toaster! Image ) and has had the balls to vote against his own party on quite a few issues - now that is a sign of a good MP. I remember him taking the seat on the disability rights issues after the former MP there unashamedly tried to sabotage anti-discrimination legislation. He promised to stand up for dis rights if he got in and he kept that promise. Not sure the new tory guy will be so good.
You're right Boggle, The main problem with Kingswood is change of the boundaries, we've taken in a fair amount of villages and rural areas which is ideal tory territory. One interesting point is if our constituency had the same boundaries as was in 2005, Roger would have had a 6000 majority.

Kingswood has lost a good MP and the new bloke is not going to get an easy ride in respect of Carer and disability issues Image
Scotland got one Conservative mp - how can they govern us when they have no mandate? Independence now!

Eun
Should SNP and the Scottish Liberals back Labour to try and prevent the tories from being able to govern up there?