[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
taking medication - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

taking medication

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thanks Daisy, Jimbo and Paul.

I am sure most carers on this forum could write a book. Paul your story about the cup strikes a chord. Not only is a certain yogurt required but our hotel in Blackpool is the only one suitable.
This hotel was discovered after I have had to twice return home after one day when Mrs Jac became unwell. I have had no such problems with this venue. Ironically it used to have a fridge in each room until its' recent refurbishment. I agree I should arrange fascilities before we go.

Daisy a little story. last year we had to go and buy the yogurt from Tesco. Not sure of the area we got a taxi to the nearest small Tesco. The driver agreed to wait to see if they had what we wanted. but no such luck. A £15.00 in total taxi ride took us to the superstore on the outskirts of town. luckily there was a bus stance available for the return journey at £3.60. 4 cartons of yogurt therefore cost £20. Thanks all, much appreciated.
Might be a silly question - or somthing you have already done but have you checked if there is a liquid alternative to the tablet form? A lot of medications now come in both forms. Its maybe worth talking to your pharmacist.
Might be a silly question - or somthing you have already done but have you checked if there is a liquid alternative to the tablet form? A lot of medications now come in both forms. Its maybe worth talking to your pharmacist.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest.

We did try one of the tablets (the largest) in liquid form for several months but my wife found the taste so bad she decided to revert to the tablets. One difficulty I have is the lack of logic in having to cut the tablets up. She is able to swallow several capsules which are infinitely much larger than her tablets. I bought a tablet crusher just this week but she is not interested in trying this with a drink or a substance where we would not need to refridgerate.

The nature of her illness makes it ni impossible to get through to her.
A few years ago we had the same problem. I checked with the gp if it was ok to crush the tabs first, and mix them into my carees favorite chocolate melted on a spoon.
It was ok, and it worked.
A few years ago we had the same problem. I checked with the gp if it was ok to crush the tabs first, and mix them into my carees favorite chocolate melted on a spoon.
It was ok, and it worked.
Thank you, I will certainly keep this in mind. My wife is diabetic ( I'm beginning to feel a bit paranoid for not taking up all these great suggestions Image but I am sure most of you will understand these hurdles.