[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tablet/smartphone apps for adults with learning difficulties -Carers UK Forum

Tablet/smartphone apps for adults with learning difficulties

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hello there.

I wondered if anyone's able to advise on the following, please.

My brother, an adult in his 30s, has cerebral palsy & learning difficulties (intellectually he's at a preschool level), has an Android tablet computer that he uses mostly to listen to internet radio on.

I wondered if anyone knew of any 'games' or something like that, that'd be age & ability appropriate and capable of providing some amusement. I'm not sure exactly what I had in mind, maybe some simple puzzles or similar.

Thanks very much in advance.
Hi Steve,

S uses the iPad to watch YouTube videos. He is interested in TV idents and logos, weathergen, snooker, certain adverts etc his brain works like a search engine, and he can type in what he wants to find

We have iPads at school too, my class have special needs. They all love youtube some enjoy watching barefoot book sung stories (the staff enjoy these too!) one boy's special interest is bubbles, so he once this is typed into the search bar on YouTube he is away. Others like music videos.

Ideas of apps for fun:
Sensory magma
Balloon pops
Special stories
Autism play
Sensory touch
(Not sure if these are the right level? There are apps for early learning too, counting, matching, sorting, spelling etc)

Apps for enhancing communication are great too e.g.
My choice pad
Widgit go basic

Melly1
old thread locked.