[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Blue badge scheme - Carers UK Forum

Blue badge scheme

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The Government has announced measures to tackle the fraudulent use of blue badges - the disabled persons' parking scheme which several users of this forum have commented on. They are introducing a hologram and extending it to children under two who need to travel with bulky medical equipment and to adults who are unable to use parking meters.

more details here

www.whitehallpages.net/modules.php?op=m ... ewlang=eng[/url]
Thanks for this Gavin, anything to stop badge fraud has got to be good news

Paula xx
When we moved onto this estate 3 years ago STANS welfare officer from veterans agency visited him just a couple of weeks after we moved in.
she came during the school pick up time we have 3 schools near us and to be honest its not that bad.
however she was unable to park near our flat within 6 weeks we had a disabled bay out - side the house i know bays are just for guidence and you cant get ticket for using them but we have guarenteed parking anyway down to the point within 6 months we had no fewer then 10 bays and they are still getting them on the estate but what annoys me is why did they not get them before most of them have lived hear for 20 years or more next door neighbour plays golf walks to asda every day he`s in his garden morn till night yet he has a bay the other day some one parked in HIS bay with blue badge he went bananas.

oh forgot he has not even got a car?????????????????????????
London for Transposrt are having a carackdown on fraudulent use of blue badges following a survey by London Government Association which found that 9 out of 10 London councils rate fraudulent use of blue badges as a serious or very serious issue.

More info here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7011731.stm
Found this in todays' Mirror newspaper - let's hope other large supermarkets take note!

Shoppers abusing priority parking spaces at Asda face a £60 fine.

The crackdown on cheating drivers in disabled bays will also include those using parent and child spaces without being accompanied by young children.

The store group denied it was seeking to catch unsuspecting motorists.

A spokesman said: "By using these bays without good reason, the actions of the few have a huge impact on the many".

Paula xx
Just bringing this to the top again as the new changes to the Disabled Parking Scheme came into force this Monday 15th October.

Now you will have to supply a copy of a utility bill, rent book, or council tax bill dated withing 3 months of applying for the badge. You will also need copies of 2 of the following:- a birth/marriage/adoption certificate, medical card, driving licence or passport.

I'm going to have serious problems with the first bit, all the bills are in my name - I'll have to ask the council what I can bring to prove Mum's address Image

Paula xx
but you are still can`t get one for someone suffering a mental health illness who is disorentated and suffers panic attacks and confused in unfamilar surroundings, according to the council who supply these badges the badges are only available for people suffering a physical dissability, Mental health is not a disability.
Hi Tony,

I actually have a blue badge for my daughter who has Down syndrome. About two years ago, I managed to win a test case in which she was given DLA mobility at the higher rate. I did this by convincing the appeals board that although she was physically able to walk, her mental incapacity prevented her from walking without being physically led, and therefore was as unable to walk as someone without legs!
It worked and she won her mobility componant for life. Maybe it would be worth you looking into it.

roo xx
Just bringing this to the top again as the new changes to the Disabled Parking Scheme came into force this Monday 15th October.

Now you will have to supply a copy of a utility bill, rent book, or council tax bill dated withing 3 months of applying for the badge. You will also need copies of 2 of the following]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_question.gif[/img]

Paula xx
Paula, what about mams pension/benefits.Bank statement with her name on?? or a letter from GP/consultant.