[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Starting to Worry about Hospital Appointment - Carers UK Forum

Starting to Worry about Hospital Appointment

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My partner is due to have an operation on her teeth in hospital, the problem is the appointment is quite a distance, and I don't drive. Although my partner drives, she's been told not to for 72hrs after the operation. I don't know how to get her there and back (our families are out of question, due to personal reasons), and a taxi or train is going to be very expensive. Being her carer, as well as partner, this is the first time I feel useless since giving up work to be her full time carer, but she needs this op, and as the date gets closer, so does the anxiety.
Hospital transport also if you are on Income support you should be able to claim your costs if you arrange your own transport.

Kev
I use the Community bus for visits to North Staffs Hospital, they charged £30, but it was way cheaper than a taxi. But as kev said, try the hospital, if your oh is registered disabled they should help.
As far as I am aware, your gp has the authority to arrange transport for your partner if he/she is reg disabled and cannot use public transport.Do contact the surgery and explain your situation.
My caree was provided with a taxi for a visit to the wheelchair dept quite a long way from where we live. The gp arranged it for us.
Hi if it is a maxiofacial hospital appointment your GP can arrange an ambulance pickup. They will not refund Taxi fares but do pay public transport costs, I don't know if this includes train fares. Take proof of income support with you.