[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Spam & carer moderators - Carers UK Forum

Spam & carer moderators

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
To all forum users

As you will know we have been hit with a lot of offensive spam recently. You can read the background discussions here http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=103

As a result of this we are giving 4 members of this forum, moderator status to allow them to delete the posts. The carers who will be allowed to do this are Rosemary, PaulaH, Maryann & Charles47, who were asked as they are long serving members of the forum and amongst the top 5 posters.

Their role as 'moderators' will be limited to the deletion of offensive spam posts and is not the same as the myself, Gavin and Christine who remain overall Moderators of the forum and responsible for upholding the rules etc. I have added a post to that effect in the forum rules area http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=376

I hope all forum members will join me in expressing my thanks to them for volunteering and helping us keep the forum clear of offensive rubbish, whilst still allowing genuine carers the chance to register and post without delays.

If anyone has any questions about this please PM me.

Thanks

Matt
I'd just like to say thank you to Rosemary, PaulaH, Maryann and Charles47 for becoming moderators to help keep this a friendly spam free site.

Now Rosemary, theres no denying it now that your the gobby one. Hmm what were Matts words.... 'One of the top 5 posters'. You cant say your the quiet shy one now Image

Big THANK YOU to you all.

Lynne x
yes, my thanks to you guys for being moderators.

i do not want to have any more funny turns when i read the posts on this site. its not good or safe for an old lady like me!!

seriously though, thanks for sorting it out.
pam
Many thanks to those who have agreed to be "spam moderators". I hope that this will resolve the problem now - I know it won't stop the spammers, but at least their nasty postings won't be there for all to see for too long.

Well done for sorting out this problem.
here here... thank you . i got a bit of a shock. could not get read of the emage for ages Image so thank you again. Image
Well, I've just zapped one spammer from the forum, very satisfying to see them disappear into cyberspace Image
Well done Image They'll not get far with cyberzapper Paula.... Image Tc, M x
Thanks Superhero Moderators Image
good to know we can post without being bombarded with spams! Crikey I get enough of that rubbish at work!
Get rid of em Image
Paula gives a few twirls and dons her Wonder woman costume.... Image Image

Way to go Paula
x x x x
Paula gives a few twirls and dons her Wonder woman costume.... Image Image

Way to go Paula
x x x x
Blimey, the sight of me in that get up would put everyone off, never mind the spammers Image Image