[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Some days ... - Carers UK Forum

Some days ...

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Oh, Lordy. I just brought Mum some fruit to nibble on and she looked at me and asked, "Who are you?"
((((((((((((((((Koala)))))))))))))))))
Hi koala

Aww no. That must have been hard for you :( .

Hug for you both

Tilly
Koala wrote:Oh, Lordy. I just brought Mum some fruit to nibble on and she looked at me and asked, "Who are you?"
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

for me the lack of recognition was very definitely the worst part :(
Koala - so very upsetting. hugs

bell x
Thanks all. I asked her a bit after that, and this time she thought she was my daughter. I don't think I'll be asking that particular question for a while.
Sending hugs. hope things are better today.
Koala (((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

That must be heart stopping. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I expect it to as she occasionally mistakes me for either her sister Doreen or Margaret (who's dead.) That's bad enough but not being recognised at all is in a whole different league.

In a way though we have become our mother's mothers, if that makes any sense? So that bit of her mix-up kind of makes sense, if you see where I'm coming from.

It sounds trite, but have a happy Easter. Have some cyber Easter eggs to cyber gorge on (less calories.)

Better still, gorge on the real thing. Chocolate is supposed to contain some chemical or other that stimulates something or other in our brain to make us feel happier. That's my excuse, anyway!
Sending hugs Koala. x x

I have always likened it to the Mother/child relationship being reversed, though heartbreaking to see one you love so much becoming a shadow of themselves. x x
Thank you all.

It did kind of hit me like a ton of bricks, but reading your responses it began to dawn on me that all I ever wanted was to provide a safe, warm, familiar environment for Mum. No matter what the future might hold, that wouldn't change.

Mum's a diabetic, but she had a tiny piece of chocolate cake with dinner tonight, and there'll be another piece for her tomorrow.