[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Changing a consultant - Carers UK Forum

Changing a consultant

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi all.
Anybody know how to change psychiatric consultants,my Wife's one is bloody useless he doesn't care and just passes everything on so he doesn't have to deal with it, she is experiencing very bad phobias at present, I'm struggling to know what to do next.
Thanks Mark.
I don't know specifically about Psychiatric Consultants but as far as I know: When you make your next appointment just ask to see a different consultant. Or during your next appointment, ask if you can have a second opinion, in which case the consultant in question should then refer you to another consultant.

My niece suffers from sever epilepsy and during her younger years when she was first being diagnosed/treated my brother I recall at the time wasn't happy with her treatment and got her referred to other consultants. I'm sure he just asked for a second opinion.

My wife used to have 3 monthly reviews at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford (Neurology clinic every Monday), which is an hour drive from where we live. The appointment only lasts a few minutes as there is nothing that can be done and so it's just to monitor her deterioration. At her last appointment there in December we asked if she could have her reviews at our local hospital (Different Consultant. Neurology clinic 1st Thurs every month). This was approved straight away, she has her next appointment at our local hospital on 1st March.