[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Some advice needed? - Page 16 - Carers UK Forum

Some advice needed?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
162 posts
Thanks .. Image

Will do.. i want to get the paperwork done if poss in the first week and then second i can relax .. hopefully if agreed .. what i would like to do is for mum to go from respite to a home rather than come back here.. I know that sounds abit cruel..
For your sake that's what I want to happen as well. It appears from your posts that you have endured years and years of cruelty and abuse from you mum, and so have the rest of your family. You are too kind for your own good, to think that you are cruel, so don't be daft. You are not cruel, you have been a loving and caring son even after everything that has happened, when every other relative abandoned her. Take care.
Firmly seconded Bowlingbun.

It will also be less distressing for your mum not to be shoved about from pillar to post.

Try to be firm with yourself and set aside a couple of hours a day to deal with paperwork or you will be worn out.

If there is no sign of your mum going from respite to care home go back to your GP and hopefully he will agree you are not fit to return to your caring role, thus forcing their hand to make the move happen.

Take care
Meg
Firmly thirded Bowlingbun.
And I firmly second Meg's advice too.

Time to think of you Brogusblue and be kind to yourself.
Hello.

Tommorrow will soon be here.
Hope it all goes smoothly.

Your time to have a break, time for you, even if your not doing much, just try and relax.
Lots of cake making too Image .

xx
Thanks for you lovely replies .. Image

This forum has been a god send.. A big hug me from to all

I will try and enjoy my 2 weeks break .. not sure about baking cakes .. as no will be to eat them.. only me and the woofs but i am not eating cake to my diet..

I think mum is giving me a parting shot .. she has been playing up all weekend so far .. Grrr!! roll on tomorrow.. Image i am counting the hours too...
I bet the dogs would love some homemade dog biscuits, then you could make the dogs drool as well as us! Image
I bet the dogs would love some homemade dog biscuits, then you could make the dogs drool as well as us! Image
True .. i do have dog cookbook .. i might have a look later
Well mum is now in respite .. lovely home nice staff ..Image mum's not sure on the people yet .. but hopefully settle in for 2 weeks .. One lady there reminds me of father jack .. Image Image

So its now time relax and put my feet up .. and think what to do .. ?????
Do? Absolutely nothing.....beer..TV...pub lunch...ENJOY just having you and the dogs, I'm sure they'll enjoy some good walks, and so will you. Well earned rest. Congratulations.
162 posts