[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Some advice needed? - Page 13 - Carers UK Forum

Some advice needed?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
162 posts
Hope you sleep well xx
Mum gave me a peaceful night.. i had 6 hours sleep so feeling better..

Shopping day today always if my money is in early i am in asda by 7.30am and home by 8.30am before the carers are here.. gets it over with..

Hopefully i will hear from the respite today...

Apart from that not alot planned for today .. i have 2 cake orders to do so i will do them later..
Still no news on respite .. Image

Katy our OT rang to say our comminty mation is not well today so they didn't come..

Rang the social about the respite .. the person is off sick today ..

One step forward 2 back .. We will get there sometime later.. I need this sorting so i know what i am doing ie ordering mums food,hospital appointments & care agency..

Mum is sleeping hell of a lot during the day and not much at night.. hence why she has me up during the night.. Image

So hopefully i might here something tomorrow fingers crossed..
The social services are (beep) useless Image Image Image Image .. they rang back to say that they have recieved the mental report about mum and that was that.. I asked about respite she knew nothing about it and said she will pass it on to mental health social worker to have a look and get back to me.. Image Image

So i rang katy our ot and she is fuming and trying to look in to it and also chase it up..

I was so happy last week finaly things are happening.. Now i feel i have got nowhere and these anti depressants are doing nothing i know its only a week i have been taking them..The muzzy head is wearing off but i still feel the same .. i need to book a appointment with the dr's in 10 days time and see him about these tablets, he said to go back in roughly 2 weeks...

Mum is getting more and more demanding and very childish behavour, sleeping all day and not sleeping at night properly.. Like this morning she had gone through 6 nighties in 2 days they where hanging in the bathroom to dry, so we had to put a thicker nightie on this morning, i was talking to joanne in the kitchen next thing mums calling she had tipped the tea down her so we had to change her nightie again lucky i found a thinner nightie joanne said to me she did that on purpose because she didn't like the thicker nightie.. My flat ressambles a chinese laundry .. i have washing hanging everywhere trying to dry it .. i have another load in ther washer ... Image
Sorry to here things are not moving very fast for you.

Usually the antidepressants take longer then a week, but discuss with your doctor next week, it may also be because your under a lot of stress as well.

Unbelievable that they didn't know anything about respite, try not lose hope, keep on to them, hopefully soon things will start to happen for you xx
Just had the mental team ring me up .. They are coming out on again on monday to do another assessment on mum and they are also doing mine as well.. So hopefully i might get it sorted this time..
I have my fingers firmly crossed for you. Take care.
Just had the mental team ring me up .. They are coming out on again on monday to do another assessment on mum and they are also doing mine as well.. So hopefully i might get it sorted this time..
I hope so! xx
Make sure they know you've jsut been put on antidepressants and tell them how life really is for you.
Make sure they know you've jsut been put on antidepressants and tell them how life really is for you.
Will do Charles .. Image

The muzzy head is wearing off now .. But still feel the same i know its early days on these tabs..

Just having a low day today .. i feel bored and trapped .. Nothing really to do.. except the ususal chores like washing, cleaning & hoovering ..

Nothing really on the tv to watch .. So just me and the pc for company .. Image
162 posts