[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SOCIAL WORKERS - Carers UK Forum

SOCIAL WORKERS

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Due to my mum falling a social worker is now never away from my mums house why is she always calling the fall is over & she is still calling???? due the the numerous of call from them last Sept i had to change my tele no for my own sanity they were there today wen i called & i hate them all they want is more & more from me & im sori i have nothin more to give does anyone know how long they will call for?? bearing in mind she will fall again due to drink many thanks
Hello and Welcome to the forum, I am sure someone will be along to
help you with your question, this is a friendly forum with lots of support.
Take care x
Hiya Angie, I'm going to move your post to general discussion.

Karen x x
hi Angie

I think that because you have indicated (in a previous post) that you can no longer cope with looking after your Mother you will find that Social Services have a duty of care to ensure that she is safe in her own home and that this is the reason for their still visiting.
hi Angie

I think that because you have indicated (in a previous post) that you can no longer cope with looking after your Mother you will find that Social Services have a duty of care to ensure that she is safe in her own home and that this is the reason for their still visiting.

Hi Sisieq Yes this is true they call for there duty of care reason but my mum can fall anytime by them calling won't prevent her from falling apparently they call all the time & mum won't let them in???
Perhaps then you should ask for a meeting with the Social Workers to fully explain the situation regarding your Mum and to ask them what their intentions are and what the next step is ?

If you don't feel confident about talking with them, take a friend with you to the meeting, write out a list of the problems and how you feel about the situation - they might suggest fitting a key pad so that they can let themselves in when they call to check on her.
[quote]Perhaps then you should ask for a meeting with the Social Workers to fully explain the situation regarding your Mum and to ask them what their intentions are and what the next step is ?

If you don't feel confident about talking with them, take a friend with you to the meeting, write out a list of the problems and how you feel about the situation - they might suggest fitting a key pad so
that they can let themselves in when they call to check on her.[/quote

Hi there they have a key wen home care staff call & everything seems ok I spoke to s worker this mum won't let s worker in wen she calls now mum wants 2 change her will (someone calling on wed) but i believe my mum hasn't a sound mind would this need to b approved by a doc? can it be contested???
Perhaps then you should ask for a meeting with the Social Workers to fully explain the situation regarding your Mum and to ask them what their intentions are and what the next step is ?

If you don't feel confident about talking with them, take a friend with you to the meeting, write out a list of the problems and how you feel about the situation - they might suggest fitting a key pad so
that they can let themselves in when they call to check on her.
Hi there they have a key wen home care staff call & everything seems ok I spoke to s worker but mum won't let s worker in wen she calls now mum wants 2 change her will (someone calling on wed) but i believe my mum hasn't a sound mind would this need to b approved by a doc? can it be contested???
I'm not really qualified to answer your question regarding your Mum changing her will - I would suggest that you speak to a solicitor or Citizens Advice Bureau who should be able to give you the advice you seek.
A social worker is for life,not just for Christmas.Point being,once met,hard to shake-off.Your stuck with em.Im too bothered to write more on this one,the very thought of em annoys me,I feel a whole new thread coming-on.