[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
So wotcha think about the New Members - Page 9 - Carers UK Forum

So wotcha think about the New Members

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
101 posts
Yes, mods should be visible. They should also be elected by the whole membership, not appointed by our paid staff.
Yes, mods should be visible. They should also be elected by the whole membership, not appointed by our paid staff.
?? Appointed by paid staff? And can you define membership for me please, are we talking about across the whole organisation, here on the forum..?

Nope, Im not really thick but this is the only part of CUK that I have used. A fact which I am starting to feel very guilty about. Image
I agree that the number of postings should be removed, cos it's irrelevant. The date we joined is interesting though, shows what a good site it is if people are still with it several years after joining. I like that.
Totally agree with the number of posts debate.
I ran a caravan forum (also based on phpBB) a few years ago and the members said the same thing - that people with thousands of posts were seen to be intimidating to new members. Not only that, many new members who joined the forum actually had several years of camping and caravanning experience behind them, usually more so than some members who had 10,000 posts who had maybe only started caravanning a few years ago.
So after a vote, it was agreed to hide the member post count and status labels forums give you.
Totally agree with the number of posts debate..
OK,does anyone disagree that the number of posts should be chucked out? Should we run a poll on a new thread ?

As for electing Mods, we would need a simple system to set up where there was a poll once a year where people put themselves forward (or are pushed forward, more like!) and there is a simple YES/NO poll on each name, with say at least forty votes for or against (by established members of the forum) to be considered eligible, and a 75% majority required to be elected.
I can't see the point in having numbers of posts listed, so I'm with you on this one.
Just so you're all aware Lucy has started this
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19678
for any thoughts on how you want the forum Image
Some,maybe,and its all got to be "maybe",guesswork,I think,MIGHT,just make periodic visits here,or comment only now and then.I guess,again no more then a guess,many read more then wright here.
So perhaps there are quite a few folks who visit,read,move-on,returning from time to time.
Hello,

I am new and still here and posting on different topics that I find touch me deeply. I am caring for one terminally ill parent and one with dementia. I will be here even if I cease caring at some point because the support I have had here is invaluable. I hope to bring comfort to others as they have brought comfort to me. Image

Night night,

Cerridwenx
being new to this forum i just want to say , i posted a post that was quite traumactic for me to write down posted (overdose)

i felt relieved i had written it down and the response i got was overwhelming it helped me realise i was not on my own, and could gain understanding from other people .

i sometimes dont write alot due to i like to read what other carers put , this could be a reason not everyone wants to write all the time hoping i have not offended anyone

a post was posted on a thread and it came across very dont dont it again which made me feel like not coming back to this forum again, purely because of how i had read it , when you are so low and have no confidence the last thing you need is to read dont do it again or something like it.

the words dont come across very understanding and i thought that is what this forum is all about, if anyone reading this has been offended then i am sorry

the post may not have meant this but i read it this way , i just want to say please write things as not to offend

i come to this forum to understand caring and help people as i have had the wind really knocked out of my life as i care for my mum who love i dearly,
101 posts