So wotcha think about the New Members

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
101 posts
new members are ok, I'm missing some of the old members but then its my fault for letting life get in the way. Silly life.
Love the avatar Dipsy, missed you.
missed you too Mum Image
Dipsy I have that avatar on another forum. also on my MSN and Skype pages.

Kind of sends off a subliminal warning doncha think? Image

Good to see you x
Robbie,

I've just read your post and wanted to say a big thank you for saying a great deal of how my life is.....sometimes I can't even think straight enough to put my thoughts/feelings into words, which is so frustrating....you did so really well, and it was lovely to read what you said.

best wishes
Alex (weeamazon)
Thanks for those kind words, Alex. I know what you mean about not even being able to think straight. Saw from your profile that your husband suffers from the same as my partner - she had a brain haemorrhage last year, on top of pre-existing illnesses and she's older than me too. You must have a lot of strength and patience - wee amazon. Sorry you're not well - I'm OK myself, touch wood, apart from stress and tiredness of course.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow

Robbie
Dipsy I have that avatar on another forum. also on my MSN and Skype pages.

Kind of sends off a subliminal warning doncha think? Image

Good to see you x
subliminal warning.... that I've been a carer too long and I'm getting a little jaded? maybe!
hi i am one of the newer members Image
i dont know why but i feel like a bit of an intruder., you all seem to know each other well and thats brilliant. but i feel at the moment like a bit of a spare part. i also am finding the sections confusing,
i am referring to 'roll call' maybe i should stop whinging and get reading Image
i am a fairly newish carer too, hubby's only been in the wheelchair since January, i am finding it hard work and i cant bear the thought of this for the next 40 or so years, i keep hoping a miracle will happen and he will be independent again.
Don't feel like an intruder Julie, cos you're not! In a week or so's time you'll know everyone well too and it'll feel just like home on here Image Image
Its not that simple, though, is it? After a week away I find myself starting to almost dread having to catch up on all the threads that dont interest me because there are so many cross-references. And as for roll-call, I dont use it much because it is more of a steamroller than a chat log. I'm aware that like some other people who used to post a lot, I'm presently finding other ways to spend my time, and that makes me wonder how this forum could be improved. One good idea would be to remove the "posts" number log, which must be very off-putting to newbies: they must assume that the opinion of someone with 8,000 posts carries more weight than someone with 100, but this isn't the case, or shouldn't be.
[quote]Its not that simple, though, is it? After a week away I find myself starting to almost dread having to catch up on all the threads that dont interest me because there are so many cross-references. And as for roll-call, I dont use it much because it is more of a steamroller than a chat log. I'm aware that like some other people who used to post a lot, I'm presently finding other ways to spend my time, and that makes me wonder how this forum could be improved. One good idea would be to remove the "posts" number log, which must be very off-putting to newbies]

I have just contributed to Gary O's thread about rollcall..shame these threads couldn't somehow be merged if nobody had any objections? just a thought.
Re what Scally has written, I am in total agreement about the post numbers, reminds me of the "Junior, Senior and Advanced" labels that are found frequently on other forums.
I don't think it is necessary and serves no useful purpose although I do feel that the moderators post count should stay visible. While I'm on that subject, mods names are in washed-out grey.
S'orrible, really it is. Image They should be much more visible, especially if someone needs to contact them when they are online..they need to be bright and bold!

Bright blue or green maybe? Anyone agree that it might be a good idea?
101 posts