[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
should we relie on cuk - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

should we relie on cuk

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
it just takes a few mp's to start talking about it to each other and then it may become a issue with them. it's all worth a try
mps will promote a cause or issue even to the point of generating a private-members-bill for one of four reasons.

1`a local matter causes much local concern,and if the mp holds the seat by a small majority,oh yer,he or she will listen.

2.ryding on a mood,anger,over a national issue,human-interest thing etc,again for votes down the line,or not to be voted against due to indifference over the the mp may opt to oppose or back a topic.

3.if the mp is union-sponsored,a company director,business man etc.a vested interest may prompt them to move on a subject.just like a puppet on a string.

4.on that most rare occasion,you dont see it happening often,an mp,knowing the private members bill they are sponsoring, wont stand an earthly,yet,as its a matter very dear to them,they pursue it fully,because they do really care about the issue,on that once-in-a-blue-moon,though,never in a month of sundays,an mp shows real guts.
Following on from this.... if there was a feeling amongst the wider public that carers were being treated unjustly e.g. over the low rate of carer's allowance, I think MPs would start to take action, perhaps. I find most people have no idea how low CA is, and are shocked when they find out.

I wonder if it would take a primetime hard-hitting drama about a carer (that would have appeal to a wide audience) that somehow captures the public imagination, and provokes anger. Would that make a difference, do you think? Anyone living in/near the Gloucestershire area interested in working on some ideas for it ? I have no experience of writing drama but enjoy writing ... maybe we could do something.
I wonder if it would take a primetime hard-hitting drama about a carer (that would have appeal to a wide audience) that somehow captures the public imagination, and provokes anger. Would that make a difference, do you think? Anyone living in/near the Gloucestershire area interested in working on some ideas for it ? I have no experience of writing drama but enjoy writing ... maybe we could do something.
This great idea sparked off in a whole new direction so I have split into a new thread of it's own.

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=13591