[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
should we relie on cuk - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

should we relie on cuk

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My MP hears me,thats about it.he hears me.does nothing that is any help to me.But then,What can one mp do?.
My MP hears me,thats about it.he hears me.does nothing that is any help to me.But then,What can one mp do?.
Don't underestimate the powers of "just one MP" hunni - sometimes, the weight of one high profile person can be enough to get gears moving a lot faster than one can expect them to... especially if your caree is living in an environment that can be deemed as "dangerous for his/her health" for whatever reason.

If we are 20 members (for example) and we each get 1 MP seeing things from our angle, that is 40 people baying for change 40 can soon become 80 and so on. We all have to keep the faith and continue to fight "the good fight" to get our voices heard and changes put into place for us because if we don't the job for Carer's UK and others will be ten times harder that it is now.
Summer_Hope.

I wish that were true.

I watch MPs in the House of Commons everyday on channel 81.

They may bring up important issues concerning their constituents now and again but at the end of the day they follow the party line.
Since Mps have returned to parliament there's been no mention of carers eventhough many of us have put pen to paper or emailed them requesting they support Early Day Motion (EDM ) 128 for CARERS
http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetai ... ESSION=905

Or Kate Hoey EDM 393 Disability Living Allowance.

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetai ... ESSION=905

Can you see the name of your MP supporting this? If not contact him Or her and mention you are watching them closely.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Image lol
the majority of mps dwell on the back benches and,sadly,have very little impact on their own.
if they catch the wave of public opinion,right-time,right-cause,then,an articulate back bencher can be both thorn in his or her own party and the other side too,championing a cause which the public back too.
such things are few.carers rights are not high on the citizens list of pressing good causes.its a low-profile,silent-running cause.
dont get me wrong there do a great job on our behalf. but should we just let then do it all on there own? should we all be doing our bit to help. we can all do our bit too, things like writing to your mp, the party leaders anyone who has a say on how things are going to affect us all.
cuk and the other charties cannot do it all.

for me i have sent a open invitation to mr osbourne and my mp to spend one week doing my caring roll and for the 53.90 a week that i get. i dont expect that there will do it. but i just want to see what there have to say. more so as there want us to do it for that amount of money. lets see if there would do it for that amount
some of us get banned from emailing (block on ip address so have to go to the library) because of emails sent to EVERY mp, mine didint answer so i mass mailed the houses of parliment, even the cleaning service and security get an email lol still dont get any where but i wont give up because one day some one will hear
even the cleaning service and security get an email lol
Pmsl @ above Image Image Image Image Image
I also get frustrated if I try to get in touch with an MP other than mine.
A few weeks ago,one MP headed a good discussion about type 1 Diabetes and whether young people were getting the support they need. The email was returned to me saying that the MP could not respond as he was not my MP.(it was not him that returned it, it was a secretary.)
I also get frustrated if I try to get in touch with an MP other than mine.
A few weeks ago,one MP headed a good discussion about type 1 Diabetes and whether young people were getting the support they need. The email was returned to me saying that the MP could not respond as he was not my MP.(it was not him that returned it, it was a secretary.)
Jane, is that the one where I gave the link to a debate in parliament? If so you can add comments on said link. Let me know.
yes, that was the one Rosemary. I will have to have a look, I didn't notice that I could leave comments.
A Diabetic lady I talk to on Facebook was invited to speak at this session,and she felt that the MP was taking a keen interest.
he allways responds,his secretary phones me to follow-up,he has a website,i can message him on that.he is effective,in my view,all that said,he has zero impact on my situation.theres very little he can really do for me,sadly.