[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CA Not a wage? - Carers UK Forum

CA Not a wage?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just gone back on CA after trying to get back to work. Anyway when they asked how I would liked to be payed, weekly or 4 weekly. She explained they call the 4 weekly payment.

PAYDAY

I always thought payday meant, the day on which you receive pay for your work.

We are always told that CA is not a wage, So why is the government department who manage payments, calling it payday.

I'm confused

hi

just stay in cntact with them thats all we can suggest. I will be ok in the end it just teething problems.
Yes and when it comes to working out benefits Carers Allowance is classed as earnings! Image

It's pay or earnings or even an allowance when it suits them! Image

marie x
I would consider it a wage as it is also taxable. I was self employed for a few years and had to add it to my 'earnings' which brought me up to the tax threshold.
One could hardly live on a Carer's Allowance, blimey it would hardly pay for a fortnight's groceries let alone anything else! Image
The benefits system as we know it has its roots in Edwardian Britain: the first retirement pension (worth I think 7/6) was introduced in 1910 following legislation passed in 1909. It was paid to 70 year olds - interesting and ironic that we're going back to that...

Anyway, I digress. It was then that benefits were first paid on your "pay day." The name stuck. At one time your "pay day" was set by the letter code on the last letter of your National Insurance number - A for Monday, B for Tuesday, C for Wednesday, D for Thursday. Fridays were paid only to those who had no fixed address or were otherwise "untrustworthy".
THE JOB CENTRE PLUS HAVE TOLD ME THAT ANYTHING YOU DO ALBEIT ANY YTHING OVER 16 HRS PER WEEK IS CONSIDERED BY LEGISLATON AS FULLTIME WORK
SO ARE CARES EITHER IN RECEIPT OF CARERS ALLWOANCE OR ENTITLEMENT TO CARERS ALLOWANCE CLASSED AS WORKERS OF THE STATE PIAD BY THE DISABILITY AND CARERS SERVICE IN PRESTON LAMCASHIRE.

DO YOU ALL REMENBER THE DWP STATEMENT WE ARE FORCED TO SIGN TO SAY WE CARE FOR 35 HRS OR MORE PER WEEK SO WHAT ABOUT THE SO CALLED MINUMUM WAGE LEVEL OR ARE JUST SKIVVIES FOR THE SAKE OF LEGISLATION.

MY PAYDAY HAS BEEN TOLD IT WILL CHANGE FROM WEDNESDAY TO MONDAY DUE TO MY IMPENDING INCOME SUPPORT TOP UP OF £27 45 WHIHC IS THE CARER PREMIUM.

DUE TO SELLING FLAT TO PAY OFF NON LUXURY DEBT JUST EVERY DAY LIVING EXPENCES ACCRUED OVER 15 YEARS THATS WHY I HATE THEM AT THE DWP WITH SUCH VENGENCE THEY HAVE REFUSED ME THIS MEASLY TOP UP FOR OVER A YEAR I AWAIT A NEW APPLICATION IN AT PRESENT.

I DO DIGRESS BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES ON A DAILY BASIS YOU FIND IN THIS SHEIT EXISTANCE AND POVERTY IN THE MEANTIME YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO DO GOOD FOR UR MOM OR DAY.

JAMES PARNELL AND THIS NEW MAN JOHNATHAN SHAW DONT HAVE ACLUE WHAT WE GO THROUGH AS CARERS AND THE POVERTY AND THE SEVERE DEPRESSION.

JUST A SHEIT EXISTANCE .

KENNETH2DUNDEENOW FIFE
I DO DIGRESS BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES ON A DAILY BASIS YOU FIND IN THIS SHEIT EXISTANCE AND POVERTY IN THE MEANTIME YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO DO GOOD FOR UR MOM OR DAY.

JAMES PARNELL AND THIS NEW MAN JOHNATHAN SHAW DONT HAVE ACLUE WHAT WE GO THROUGH AS CARERS AND THE POVERTY AND THE SEVERE DEPRESSION.

KENNETH2DUNDEENOW FIFE
Kenneth, you're right that most Jobcentre "Plus" staff haven't a clue and that most politicians have no idea what it's like to be a carer on a pathetically low income, and the depression that can go with low income, hard work and no way out of it. That's one of the messages we need to take back to them time and again until the message sinks in.