[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
selfish - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

selfish

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I agree with everything said,and this is why we use the Forum,because we want to contact people in a similar position and share our thoughts.And without belittling anything said.......Imagine if everyone in the entire world was in the same position as us.It would be the only way we knew how to live.It is only because we know there is `more` out there that we miss not having `more`.And when we see the people who have the `more`what do they want?.......a different `more`.It is Human nature to be dissatisfied with what we have,that is how we seek to progress.And if we compare how our lives are compared to the lives of carers 50yrs ago,then we have `more` than they did.Just trying to put a positive spin on things.The Forum is `more`,the mechanical aids we can get is `more`,trouble is,the rules for qualification to benefit from these things are more too.Oh well,i tried!! Image Image Image
Hi Albert and welcome Image

I'm 42 and care for Hubs who is 53. Kids are 18, 15 & 14, so really we should be at that stage in our lives where we get our 'freedom' back.

The one thing that keeps me sane is the great sense of humour in our house!
And of course this forum Image

My Hubs is my soul mate, we joke, we laugh, we cry together, I will always be here for him.

But yes, I do occasionally hear about friends going out having fun and feel jealous of them having a 'normal' life.
You're not being selfish, I think it's something we all feel from time to time
xx