[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ANGOLAN BUSH WAR IN THE EARLY 60.70 80 S. - Carers UK Forum

ANGOLAN BUSH WAR IN THE EARLY 60.70 80 S.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The british public are very angry at tony blair for the illegal Irac war we we bamboozled into believing what we were told but yet to find any truth.

Having served in the ANGOLAN BUSH WAR albeit in a non combatant post as senior messing officer feeding the 1000s of tropps as there friend in amongst all the dead and wounded.

Very young brave 16 and 17 year WHITE south africans lost their lives for doing this border duty/

National Service was a turning point for many white young south africans sorry for the term young white south africans as there were a very select few who were from ethnic backgrounds.

Time and time again our soldiers died in action many thousands were maimed and suffered
horrific injuires.

This angolan bush went on for over 40 years day in day fighting 24/7 i could be on mess duty
many hrs per day as one of the many mess chefs who was the friend of many unknown soldier supplying all the different meals per day and night.

Food played vital role in keeping the guys well fed and kept tummies full of nourishement l am not blowing my own trumpet but was very very passionate that there was enough spices and salt and pepper and butter available and tried my utmost to satisfy with the rations supplied home cooked type meals to the starving and hungry troops.

The saying that a army runs on their tummies is true but all the other issues like missing loved ones and civvy street was a great tearaway.

The anguish and all the sodiers who died in this war were in the region of 500 000 approximately and a large no maimed or injured.

Hopefully you can also pay tribute to these soldiers who were trying to do the right thing supporting Dr Jonas Savimbi and his people which the then south african government supported where they could. Terrisom formed part of the destruction of the 40 year war
and decimated the indegenous people in Angola, these terroists would NECKLACE THAT IS
PLACE TYRES AROUND THEM DOUSE THEM WITH PETROL AND BURN THEM ALIVE THIS EVEN HAPPEND IN SOUTHFRICA IN THE PRE NEW GOVERNMENT FIGHT AGAINST APARTHEID.

I AM PROUD TO HAVE SERVED IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN AIRFORCE AND DID ON AND OFFF SERVICE FOR TEN YEARS.

Hopefully my cooking was enjoyed but i did it with passion and had many compliments in avery mess that i worked l did go that extra mile for the troops as that was all that they really looked forward to after hard fighting and bush trekking.

Perhaps other carers here will undertsand what i am saying about been in the forces and what you go through. I did moan at tthe time but now would do it all again jsut to support the guys and girls and all the cameraderie.

kenneth2dundee now fife.
Perhaps other carers here will undertsand what i am saying about been in the forces and what you go through. I did moan at tthe time but now would do it all again jsut to support the guys and girls and all the cameraderie.

kenneth2dundee now fife.
Yes I know what you mean Kenneth, although not through being in the services.