[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
self funding any advise - Carers UK Forum

self funding any advise

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
my grandmother is in hospital wit vasscular dementia and they have said possibley alzihmers too now they are quite keen to get here moved out into a care or nursing home.

thing is social services not done assessment of her yet so how can they tell me wot she needs

on the other hand we have too wait up to six months been told by solicitor before we can have court of protection and sell house and stuff to fund care

is there any time limit where we have to get her out of hospital or and can they try and pressure us cus that wot it seems like at the moment

they say they have stableized her but every day she is slightly worse and they now have her on sleeping tablets to calm her of a night she never had trouble sleeping in her life

any help plz
Gizmo, social services have to assess your grandmother before they can move her. If she lived alone, any charges based on the house sale will be deferred until the sale is completed. If someone has been living with her, they may have to wait longer as they cannot make that person homeless.

I suggest you contact your local Age Concern: they may be able to offer more detailed advice.