[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Respite sits - same care worker? - Carers UK Forum

Respite sits - same care worker?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi

I'm after others experiences

I have 2 four hour respite sits per week ( I know i am lucky to get this)
When they first started the care agency sent the same worker for both sessions. Then it was 2 different ones, one on the tuesday and one on the friday. For the past few months the usual one comes on a tuesday but we can get anybody and some times nobody on a Friday.
My hubby doesn't like it and nor do I we need to know whose coming and that they know what their doing. Every time a new one comes it takes a least half an hour (out of my respite time) to explain everything and ensure that the dog is okay with the person that comes.
We've had lots of excuses the latest being that they never send the same person twice even though they used to.
Does any one else get respite sits with the same or different people?
Hi Booksey,

when S had the PA for two weeks before he started at college the first agency approached by social services felt they would need to cover his shifts by up to 6 care workers! I explained this would not work ... the broker referred us to several agencies before an agency was found that could provide S with one consistent person for the two weeks who had the relevant experience.

Perhaps it is time for an ultimatum - either they deliver the service required or you will take your direct payments elsewhere (or the social services broker will take OH's share of the social care budget elsewhere ...) Or of course they could provide an additional half hour of care FREE of CHARGE each time they send someone new and they wouldn't want to do that!

Melly1