[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
does it annoy you when....... - Carers UK Forum

does it annoy you when.......

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
i am a full time carer for my nan and have previously cared for my mum and grandad and i know it is one if not the hardest job possible as you are fully responsible for someone else.yet people seem to think its a easy life as they say having a 9-5 job is much harder.being a carer is a 24 hour job and the responsibility can be immense.also being a full time carer i have no time to work and earn money so i claim carers allowance of £55-how can anybody live off this a week.i really think us carers get a real tough deal.
Hi,
Your are right, I have been a carer most of my life, I think it's the responsibility of another persons life in your hands.
that is the hardest thing. Always making the decisions, again and again. Other people
don't have a clue, what carers daily existence is like. I think carers sort of have to shut themselves
off in the end. because so many don't understand.
Minnie
I worked in a shop before I was a carer. I know it wasn't the most demanding job ever, but I got to switch it all off when I went home and I could get on with other things. Some people talk first and think later... if ever...
If given the choice would they switch and take on a full time caring role at the expense of their other job?
I'm guessing there have been some not so nice comments come your way youngcarer Image
just so annoying when people say how awful there lives are when they have their family all in good health,they have the time to work so can earn money and have time to themselves to enjoy their lives.there has been so many times when friends have asked me to hang out with them on nights out and holidays but i know i have always got to put the person i care for first.
Only folk who have been a carer themselves can truly understand what it is like. Even the most understanding of friends, who try to understand have to admit they can only begin to imagine. Which is why this forum is so great!!

Melly1
i am a full time carer for my nan and have previously cared for my mum and grandad and i know it is one if not the hardest job possible as you are fully responsible for someone else.yet people seem to think its a easy life as they say having a 9-5 job is much harder.being a carer is a 24 hour job and the responsibility can be immense.also being a full time carer i have no time to work and earn money so i claim carers allowance of £55-how can anybody live off this a week.i really think us carers get a real tough deal.
I totally agree, carers get such a bad deal in this country. I'm gutted at the min because according to this government if I become a full time student I can't be a carer too ARGH !!!!!
Because nobody has ever cared and studied before Image
Sorry you have to deal with it lady c.
I got my degree while caring. So FU Government. FU David Cameron. FU DWP.

Youngcarer this doesn't just annoy me. I gave up a career as a nurse when my partners Parkinsons got worse because I got no support. Right now I should be on £24k/yr. I would love to be compensated for loss of earnings. I never asked to be a carer. I wanted to be a nurse, to be able to help people but to know I could come home at the end of the day and switch off.

David Cameron talks about work life balance but my life is my work. I am a carer. This is all I am. I don't have enough money to do or be anything else. I've said this a thousand times but I want minimum wage. I'll fill in time sheets and paperwork detailing exactly what I'm doing for my money. I just want to be paid fairly for the work I do. Without me Mark would be in a care home. That would cost the government £1000/wk. I do a minimum of 18 hrs a day 7days a wk without paid holiday leave (the statutory minimum is 5.6 x the no of days you do) and I'd still be cheaper at £6.08/hr, I'd only cost £766.08/wk. If more of us stood up and said I'm not being a carer any more you David Cameron can either take over or pay for someone to do so then the country would collapse. We need a union.
lol that said anyone wanna start a carers union??

Vote Dipsy!!
Dipsy I'm in for a union / pressure group. If you really want to do get on facebook !!!