[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sci-Fi Buffs -Torchwood added - Carers UK Forum

Sci-Fi Buffs -Torchwood added

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Carried over from the other thread
Sezzie Yes, just a tad....not too keen on the latest regeneration but that's the script writers fault imho Image
Hi Sparkling Image

Got a tad confused initially - the last regeneration we saw was in the Day of the Moon - the Little Girl (now, who is she, do you think...?) Image

Matt's grown on me. I thought the scene where the Tardis/Idris went back into the Matrix in the last episode was beautifully acted. The Doctor looked so heartbroken... Image

Perhaps we ought to start a separate thread - the Sci-Fi Buff thread?

Sezzie x x
I did mean matt. he is growing on me and I think if he rather than karen whatshername (Amy) had more of a lead role it would help! Yes I agree the last one was really beautifully acted particularly poinent when he heard all those time lords and saw tehy were just old messages from the long dead.
I think the girl is either the masters daughter from a parellel world/ universe or Romana
Hi Sparkly Image

Great thread Image Image Image
I did mean matt. he is growing on me and I think if he rather than karen whatshername (Amy) had more of a lead role it would help! Yes I agree the last one was really beautifully acted particularly poinent when he heard all those time lords and saw tehy were just old messages from the long dead.
That was really sad Image That said though, given the reboot of the Universe in 'The Pandorica Opens'... possible that Gallifrey may return... Image
I think the girl is either the masters daughter from a parellel world/ universe or Romana
It's a mystery, that's for sure. I think the implication is that she's Amy's daughter but that's too simple.. way too simple... what with the positive/negative pregnancy test.

It was an astonishing piece of TV. Given I've been watching Dr. Who for **cough** years now, seeing a child regenerate was a bit of a shock. Used to seeing Romana, The Master and The Doctor regenerate but a child... Image

Who is your favourite Doctor then Sparkly?

Actually, I'll open that question to anyone.. who is your favourite Doctor?

Sezzie x x
We don't like Matt Smith much.
We don't like Matt Smith much.
Is your Little One's Doctor DT, No1?

Sezzie x x
Sure is S.
Great thread Image Image Image

Thank you, but I can't claim to have had the idea ImageYes, I had that in the back of my mind too ImageToo predictable

Who is your favourite Doctor then Sparkly?

I've had a couple, having watched them since the days of black and white but my fav recent one would have to be David TennetImage
The Doctor already has a daughter, doesn't he? She doesn't have to regenerate at the same age.

Not that I think it's that simple, either.

Didn't like Matt Smith to start with but he's growing on me a little: he handled the "Hello Sexy" scene and the scene where Idris dies and the matrix returns to the Tardis very well.
The Doctor already has a daughter, doesn't he? She doesn't have to regenerate at the same age.

Yes, that was a consideration but there could be no given storyline as to why she would want to kill himImageI thought so too

[quote]The Doctor already has a daughter, doesn't he? She doesn't have to regenerate at the same age.

Not that I think it's that simple, either.

Didn't like Matt Smith to start with but he's growing on me a little]

Ah, technically Charles, Jenny isn't his daughter, she was a clone with a few changes (namely her gender... she's a female version of him, so to speak.

Also, he has a granddaughter too, doesn't he? Susan. So he would have been a married man with a family at some point (think 10 said he'd done all that when Jenny was created).

Sezzie.
It was just a thought - we know she regenerated once (without changing). Could be the Rani for all we know, of course.

However, I don't think it was the little girl in the space suit by the time the Doc was killed. We only saw her in it (and out of it) in 1969 and perhaps beyond. By 2011, and 200 years down the Doc's timeline, anyone else could have been inside: for example, a Silent who managed to escape only by being unrecognisable in the suit and therefore safe from the army of humans raised against the Silents in 1969 and beyond. And of course, they would certainly have a reason for killing the Doctor.