[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sadness for Carer Heather Wardle and her son James. - Carers UK Forum

Sadness for Carer Heather Wardle and her son James.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just seen the news and i feel very sorry for this family and the lady who has cared for her disabled son of 22 for 2 decades.

Once againi blame the stupid government and the social services for and the money pinching mps who dont give a dam this lady carer is now found dead this will not be the last carer to be found dead as there are many more who are suffering and just cannot cope anylonger.

PLEASE ALL THINK ABOUT THIS LADY AND HER SEVERLY DISABLED SON JAMES.

KENNETH2DUNDEENOW FIFE
I agree, Kenneth. The tighter the "eligibility criteria", the more cases we'll get like this.

How many more do there have to be?

Given that there have been concerns that CUK all too often remains silent, it was good to see that Mencap and CUK have made their concerns known:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/here ... 360775.stm
Understandably there has been a lot of media interest in this and we have been taking a lot of calls from journalists. There is a big piece in the Mirror today that we helped with. Fortunately the coverage seems to be restrained and respectful, with the articles wanting to emphasise how carers can in touch with helplines and get support.

Matt
This Lady wont be the last this Lady is just one in many that End up like this.
God bless her.
John
Hi, I find this very upsetting, God bless the family in what must be a nightmare situation. Image

I'm not going to pass comment at this time, on lack of help as it's possible, the family may well have had social services and some sort of care plan in place - who knows. Image

What ever has happened it's a tragedy for those concerned.

I'm still praying and my heart goes out to them. Image

marie x
It is a sad fact that it is only the Carers who care for each other, and find this extremely upsetting. Image
There is likely to be more coverage on this tragedy tonight, we have fielded a spokesperson for Channel 4 news and BBC news 24.
WELL DONE MATT ,

HOW SAD, WAS HEATHER IN RECEIPT OF ALL HER BENEFITS.
Sadly the son James has now been found and two men have been arrested in connection with his murder.
Aw no, that poor family, whatever has happened, it's all so very sad Image
I was still hoping they would find him and he'd be ok. Image
marie x