[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
royal stuff,an alternative path. - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

royal stuff,an alternative path.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
while i bemoan the potential cost of the royal wedding in these times.i must say i found the bishop who gave the couple seven years of marriege at best,and was pretty nasty about charles diana etc,a pretty rotten fellow.
i wish wills and kate every happiness,and,a great wedding day.

i feel the event should not be over lavish,taxpayer draining or flash.but,i bear the couple no ill
feelings and felt that bishop was just nasty.not,in my view "christian".
while i bemoan the potential cost of the royal wedding in these times.i must say i found the bishop who gave the couple seven years of marriege at best,and was pretty nasty about charles diana etc,a pretty rotten fellow.
i wish wills and kate every happiness,and,a great wedding day.

i feel the event should not be over lavish,taxpayer draining or flash.but,i bear the couple no ill
feelings and felt that bishop was just nasty.not,in my view "christian".
That was only ONE part of the whole saga and i agree it was uncalled for. But as he is a repubilcan he had views on the royal family as a whole. Those views i agree with and in fact history has shown that the royal do NOT have a good record of marriage and staying faithful.
Which was part of his comments
Added to which a mate of his got the same backlash when he talked about this and his been shown Charlie boy was not a paragon of virtue.
As to Christian, is it christian that he has now been asked to stand down from public office,waht happened to free speech.
i know many republicans.i am semi-republican in my own views,but i just cant excuse that bishop from his just nasty coments.ok the guy is republican,but,i assume,as he works in the trade,he might have a sort-of christian viewpoint?.maybe?.his coments were not christian.just ugly,distastefull,pretty low,just rotten,i think.i dont feel theres an excuse for that sort of jibe.
He was out of order, and in the wrong church. He signed up to Anglicanism, you know, the utterly daft idea that the King or Queen is actually the leader of the Church, a Spiritual as well as temporal empire. Sort of like the Japanese idea that the Emperor is a God.
And as such, he is a servant of the monarch, and it ill behoves him to bite the hand that feeds.
So, he fell on his own sword really. He would be welcome in the Wee Free or many other independent branches of the God franchise.
I agree the comment about lasting 7 years was way ott but the rest.
Nope based on history plus an opinion and have we all to be beholden to the "company" line in our private life???
I think that Bishop should con-celebrate the Wedding,poetic-justice,irony,oh the irony of that!.BRING IT ON.

Oh the fruity fun of it.Give the bish that job.

That could avoid the predicted seven-year-itch?.
Personally, I can't understand why people are so against having a divorced monach in the current days and times.

Even Henry 8th tried to divorce at least one of his wives before he beheaded her and according to the wikipedia page on him, he's alleged to have had affairs as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

As far as William and Kate go, it is possible that she could still be a virgin - after all, many people the world over share a bed and nothing happens. So why do her out of the chance to wear white as a result of that?
Summer hope, the reason Henry 8th broke away from the catholic church and made himself head of the church in England was so he could divorce his first wife. As a result, Elizabeth (his daughter by his second marriage, to Ann Bolyn) was considered illegitimate by many and her succession to the throne almost caused a civil war.

He never tried to divorce Ann Bolyn (his second wife), he just set her up as a traitor and executed her.

And frankly, if Kate and William have been sharing a bed all this time and nothing has happened, I don't think the monarchy will last much longer, lol.

As far as I'm concerned, she can wear white, black, or pink with purple polka dots - I think we've all moved beyond hanging the sheet out the window next morning.
when the nutty mob,alleged students,but many just yobs out for a spat,ran amock,again,it was a pretty vile event,ugly,all of that.

the attack on the Prince Of Wales car was utterly outragous mob,yob thuggery.

no one could ever,for a moment,ever condoine the use of a stick to prod the Duchess of Cornwall,as the media say was done,but,really,the royals in the mucky world of real life,ALLBEIT,the frenzy of a mob of idiots,might show them whats happening today in the real world.
And then we have to ask ...
why would the driver take them INTO the mob when it was known they were there protesting and there were alternate routes? And why would Camilla then wind her window down once there?
Strange.