[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
royal stuff,an alternative path. - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

royal stuff,an alternative path.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
the feudal joining of two families by means of a ceremony where the virginal bride,adorned in white,stands before the alter,pure,and id wedded to her hubby.
That's not quite how we saw getting married when we did it.
You don't have to say, but are you married Maxi?
yes,i have been married.sadly no longer,but i do believe in the idea of belief in vows you say and not just saying the words with no intention of living upto them.
(bttw, the Frost interview was done well after Nixon had resigned.)
Ah yes, lol, allow me to rephrase that ]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I see there's talk of Queen Camilla now! Hmm, interesting.
you get a royal bank holiday to take minds off recession,poverty,cuts,job losses,inflation etc.
Yep Maxi, that's what distractions are for - to keep the public's mind off the real issues. Similar to a famous quote "Then let them eat cake" Image
I'm wondering though if it will be a welcome distraction.
Next Spring and Summer could see all the cuts really kicking in and surely royalist or not royalist it certainly has the potential to demonstrate the huge gap between the have's and have nots.
Easy for me to say I know because it couldn't even distract me from cooking the sausages let alone real financial worries.
Vicky
I'm wondering though if it will be a welcome distraction.
Next Spring and Summer could see all the cuts really kicking in and surely royalist or not royalist it certainly has the potential to demonstrate the huge gap between the have's and have nots.
Easy for me to say I know because it couldn't even distract me from cooking the sausages let alone real financial worries.
Vicky
Everyone - even us die hard republicans - loves a good wedding, and do you know what? The celebration of Life, Love and all that is actually a lot more important than all this economic doom and gloom. Actually its a very good time to party. Well, anytime is a good time to party. I am sure not going to be wearing black and walking around with a long face because the inflation rate has gone above 2.5%, female unemployment has risen by 0.5%, or the GNP has dropped 2% since last June. Let there be wine and roses!
"Let's Face The Music And Dance"

There may be trouble ahead
But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
Let's face the music and dance

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill and while we still have the chance

Soon we'll be without the moon, humming a different tune and then
There may be teardrops to shed
So while there's moonlight and music and love and romance
Similar to a famous quote "Then let them eat cake" Image

There was no let them eat cake here. They took a far more creative approach- potential troublemakers were shackled and shipped off to Botany Bay Image
in a sunday newspaper its allready started,royal dalton have produced an engagement plate of wills and kate.other things are on the way,theres a coin allready being struck.

those who collect such stuff will be in heaven,the rest of us might well just shrug or yawn or both.
There was no let them eat cake here. They took a far more creative approach- potential troublemakers were shackled and shipped off to Botany Bay Image
Yes dragonlady, a good move on your part. Banish the peasants who have neither bread or cake, while the elite gorge themselves at their nightly banquets. Is it any wonder we here in Oz thumb our noses at royal weddings? Image

I see you now have a bishop claiming on his facebook that the couple will be lucky if they make 7 years - since when do bishops have facebook pages, lol? Image
since when do bishops have facebook pages, lol? Image
I was rather amused by that story too - quite apart from wondering if he could survive a week before resigning, I wonder if he counts any actresses amongst his FB friends?
Simples! Image
You aren't slagging off the poor folk who are buying the mugs are you? I mean, I bet after that bishop put his oar in by predicting the marriage would only last seven years, the shares of Royal Doulton dropped 30% . Ladbrokes, where are you when we need you ... we might as well open a book now.... Personally I would take 50/50 on them surviving at least 10 ...... Image Image Image Image