[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
royal stuff,an alternative path. - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

royal stuff,an alternative path.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
There are posts on Facebook wherein people are 'betting' on whether date chosen for the wedding in the Spring ( possibly), will clash with a massive demo thats going to take place re the govt cuts Image Image
When on a trip to Swansea we passed a "bridal boutique" with a wide selection of wedding dresses in the window. Not many white ones...quite a few "ivory" and "cream", as well as the more, er, outlandish...
Nice frocks, if a bit on the gaudy side. Not much change from a grand there, I suspect, for a froth of fancy toile and polyester lace dressed as silk. Every girl wants to bankrupt her dad in her half an hour of glory. I wonder when we dads will start to rebel?

Janet Street Porter was having some fun tonight, as were Portillo, Neill and Blears - their discussions were uncannily close to our own - almost as if they were reading every word. As indeed they (or their researchers) probably are. I think the journalists and pundits are going to be the principal beneficiaries of the feeding bonanza as we, the great unwashed, devour every inch of newsprint and hang on their every utterance, whilst they use the online chatterati to get in touch with the public mood. After all, news is big business as well as entertainment, and without content and controversy, they are sinking aren't they?

Just been watching a DVD from the local library, David Frost v President Nixon interview, a bit tame by modern standards but strangely compelling nevertheless.

Just been watching a DVD from the local library, David Frost v President Nixon interview, a bit tame by modern standards but strangely compelling nevertheless.
Yeah i saw that,as you saw interesting

Tame? It was only the interview that began the process that would have led to the 3rd impeachment of a president in US history - if he hadn't resigned just in time. Good for Frost, I cheered him then and cheered him again when I saw the movie!

But back to Kate, I wonder how long it will take for the "firm" to turn against her like they did with Diana. After all, she's just a commoner, no true blue blood there unless they get their royal geneologists to find a connection to King Canute or Alfred the Great, lol.

While on that subject, how many of you expect that Charlie (oops, sorry, can't be disrespectful to royalty!) Prince Charles will step aside and allow William to take the throne when the time comes, considering poor Margaret wasn't allowed to marry a divorcee, and Edward had to abdicate for the same reason. Charles is now older than Edward 7th was when he finally got the throne on the death of Victoria, and from what I gather, Charles isn't the most popular royal in the UK.

(Personally, I have a fondness for people who talk to their plants!)
All parliament would have to do is introduce a retirement age for monarchs of say 65 or 70, and hey presto, the problem is sorted. I think its ridiculous how they are supposed to go on and on and on and on ...

(bttw, the Frost interview was done well after Nixon had resigned.)
Can he still be called the Prince of Wales or is that title just for the future monarch?
What would he be called? The King Father?
Seriously though can't see him giving up the job he has waited his whole life for.
Vicky
He may well have a long wait, the Queen clearly enjoys superb good health and seems reluctant to quit. He'll be years past his free bus pass. What a prospect .. still he must have figured the odds himself often enough.
I do not think that it was Maxi who had the problem with the white dress was it?
oh,im used to being misread.goes with life.im cool about it.i know what i mean,well,sort-of,so im ok about being misread its no big deal.

i merely go with what i thought the whole daft thing is supposed to represent.

the feudal joining of two families by means of a ceremony where the virginal bride,adorned in white,stands before the alter,pure,and id wedded to her hubby.

that is supposed to be the point of the lavish insanity in recession of such a farse,i think.

ofcourse not,tis tourist attraction,hotel room filler for the influx to london of flag waving spectators etc.

its distraction,you get a royal bank holiday to take minds off recession,poverty,cuts,job losses,inflation etc.

the dress reflects the purity thing,just seems even more a daft circus to have a costly fiasco in dire times,when,lets face it,these folks have lived as a couple for some time.

just seems even more beyond belief then these stupid things are.