[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
royal stuff,an alternative path. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

royal stuff,an alternative path.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
They have been "kipping up" with each other for years so a big white wedding is a bit hypocritical. Why don't they just have a quiet one especially when everyone else is facing the worst cutbacks since the end of the second world war?

Eun
The Queen had to get her dress material with her ration book when she got married in1947. They managed a reasonable bash even in those dark austere days. The whole country needs cheering up and who cares if they have been living over the brush. This is 2010 not 1910!
I know the date thanks Dragonlady but it is a bit hypocritical to marry in white - is that not meant to be for purity? I don't know that their wedding would "cheer up" the whole country. A lot of people are not in favour of the monarchy and see them as a bunch of parasites. We are not all royalists.

Eun
Way to go hear hear
Some of us know how to enjoy ourselves and not take life too seriously! I wouldn't consider myself a Royalist but they are an integral part of Britsh culture and as for hypocrisy in marriage it's what goes on after the nuptials that counts. I know virginal brides and grooms who never quite managed to come to grips with concept of fidelity during their whiter than white marriage. I think Wills and Kate have got what it takes to make a strong marriage- they've endured separation in a long courtship and tested the waters. Incidentally it was Queen Victoria who started the trend for marrying in white- before that there was no rule about what colour the bride should wear. It's pure love that matters not whether the hymen is intact at the altar!
I wonder what percentage of brides nowadays wearing white could be classified as virginal? That is the ones who actually get to the altar at all, as there are so many children born out of wedlock whose parents seem to be very happy to go on without any plan to marry. Things have changed, which some of us may regret, but in any case why is everyone assuming she will be wearing white? It might be cream or ivory for all we know. She will be a beautiful bride whatever she wears.
Looks like the announcement of the royal wedding has made everybody happy, those who are looking forward to the wedding and those who enjoy a good moan Image . I am with those who are neither Royalist nor Republican but believe that a royal wedding is just what we need to lighten the current doom and gloom and good for the economy Image .
I wore bright red on my wedding day. I was 7 months pregnant tho Image Image Image
Looks like the announcement of the royal wedding has made everybody happy, those who are looking forward to the wedding and those who enjoy a good moan Image . I am with those who are neither Royalist nor Republican but believe that a royal wedding is just what we need to lighten the current doom and gloom and good for the economy Image .
Same here Parsifal- and I do think they make a lovely couple Image
An extra Bank Hol,YO GREAT!. Image As for the event,elope to Gretna Green I say,or can people do that these days?.

My Unc e-mailed me with wise reflection on this.

"As they have lived over the sticks (His way of saying they "Co-habited")for years,dare she wear white?." Oh,Unc,thats a low blow!.

But,I wondar,Dare Kate ?.
Round here they call the lassie living with her partner a "bidey in" !

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bidey-in

I think that's a really sweet expression - in the old days lots of folk couldn't afford to get married, or their parents didn't approve, or maybe they were already married to someone else, when divorce was a very expensive luxury, whatever. Its good that people are free to live the way they choose.