[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rights as a Carer?-I feel like a victim. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Rights as a Carer?-I feel like a victim.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have been a carer for just 2 1/2 moths now and living in IS as carers allowance was turned down because i worked full time untill becomig a carer.yes i have appealed..going from a decent salary to £65 per week has been really stressfull but i was put in touch with Payplan through my union and they have been brilliant, they are open to everyone and will contact all your creditors, freeze interest and arrange a payment plan that you can manage, it is a free service. ust do a google search.
Hi,
I totally understand where you're coming from because I'm in a very similar situation financially. I have a debt management plan with the CCCS. I had hoped for a debt relief order-similar to going bankrupt but free and less hassle. The only thing is you have to meet certain criteria-little or no savings and benefit reliance. I didn't meet them because I had a frozen pension from my former employer-I can't touch it for 20yrs lol but still counted as current income.
If you haven't done so already change your bank and get a basic account elsewhere and get your benefit paid into it so the bank where you have your loan can't touch it. Natwest offer a step account, it offers a visa card and direct debts as long as you are in credit- infact it won't allow you to go into the red.
Banks and other creditors aren't obliged to cancel interest or charges to any outstanding payments but it is obviously in their interests to do so long term in these situations. I've been advised to carry on with my DMP as long as I am able as a show of good will on my part after that to go for bankruptcy if all else fails. Often under extreme circumstances charges for bankrupcy are waivered if your creditors apply it and you do not have the means to pay.
Hope this helps and good luck (to us both LOL).